turbo dying at the end

Go find your dyno graph and see what RPM range the power is in. Then make your truck run in that RPM range down the track. From your opening post it sounds like your RPM is below the power curve and is causing the turbo to stall out. Getting your RPM back up into the power band is what you want, and by changing the gear ratio not the turbo, is what will get you there. Changing the turbo to one that will keep lit at a lower RPM will not help you make more power where you need it most, higher RPM's.

While I decided to keep with 4th being it was a really sandy track to see if that changed anything. So I decided to bring up to 4k and dump the clutch harder then usual. I ended up not snuffing at the end but think my clutch slipped most of the way because she endeds up sitting nicely at 3k then whole time. I still ended up winning the class but not happy I need a new clutch after only 3 pulls and a couple hundred street miles on a new valair ceramic dual disk. I know it wasnt built for pulling but I thought it would hold together a little longer then that

I bet u have to ride clutch way out there with them gears and your power level anyways so isnt going to hold up awhile

I dont ride it at all. Normally I let out enough it starts rolling and go. Regardless of it being built for it or not my buddys low end south bend made it a whole season with almost the same power and it wasnt built for pulling. I didnt expect it to last forever but figured id atleast get half a season with it

I forgot we also.dynoed the truck with the 1.0 housing swapped and lost hp and gained a flame out the stack. So I swapped it back over to the .90

if you get under that turbo in RPM with static high timing, it's going to cross the surge line, and when it does, it's just going to die and not recover (as you've seen)

you need more RPM or less turbo. pretty simple

You need a sintered iron clutch.

How well do you think second gear is going to hold up with 600hp? 3rd defiantly doesn't hold that

I went with a south bend dual disk pulling clutch and ive since bumped the timing to 34. Hopefully after this pull ill be ordering gears.

Back