turbo for 2.6 class

ryanss22

what would be a good turbo to put on my 96 7.3 powerstroke?? I am putting on the irate t4 mount and already have stage 2 160cc 100% inj, adrenaline hpop, elec fuel, intercooler added... all the suporting mods bascally.... im looking at a s366 turbo at the moment... any thoughts??

ok, what would it take to be competive in a 2.6 class? im from the north east (ny)and not alot of major pulling events here... most of the work stock classes around here say it must be a stock turbo thats why i was gonna go with 2.6 class..... its more for fun then anything else really....

ok, what would it take to be competive in a 2.6 class? im from the north east (ny)and not alot of major pulling events here... most of the work stock classes around here say it must be a stock turbo thats why i was gonna go with 2.6 class..... its more for fun then anything else really....

Then just bolt on a 66 and go have fun. If you keep getting beat then its time to try something different.

the classes are diffrent everywhere but what i see in my area are some screamin trucks to pull 2.6 and do worth a hoot. since your dealing with an old heui bolt on's just wouldn't cut it. overhaul it, mess with compression, port and polish heads, head studs, maybe dual hpops and huge injectors. i'm not trying to discourage you by sayin that. i pull my truck for fun in ws and never do worth a hoot. my tires are to big, i don't have any traction bars, and i need some diffrent injectors bad but its still fun so i know what you mean but it seems to me you would be better off modifying your turbo to match the ws rules and pullin in that class

i agree greenthunder, I just pulled my heads and am going to port them and add head studs.... only reason i want a bigger turbo is i have rebuilt and ported my stock turbo as big as it can go and it still dosent flow enough.... i have custom tunes from tony wildman and traction bars also me and my friends do the majority of the work out selves.... I know i wont dominate in anyway but i like to be different and am usually one fo the only ones with an OBS..... i have pulled in work stock for 2 years, just time to take the step up.... its a start, can only go up from here.... im always talking to new guys and trying to learn more every pull....

is there any recomondation for a good set up??

have you looked in to the gtp38r? do they make that turbo for an obs? i think its pretty cool you pull with an obs. i have one for a work truck and your right seems like not alot of people compete with them so i think it is neat that you do. i didn't realize you had that much pulling experience i thought you were just diving in thats why i was hesitant to encourage 2.6. my fault for assuming. sounds like your going down the right road to me with the set up to me. i'm no professional by any means though

now that i think of it i'm not sure the size on the gtp38r but i don't think its anywhere near a 2.6. i know they make some diffrent wheels and stuff for them but not sure if you could get it to be a 2.6 or not. its a good turbo though, i like mine anywayz

i have looked into that but for the cost of all the parts to upgrade to a super duty turbo plus the turbo itself is almost double what the the t4 mount and turbo would be... plus that route leaves the table open for way more options down the road when i upgrade my inj..... I hae learned the hard way a few times... smoked a brand new SB single disk clutch, replaced it with an sfi approved valair double disk clutch.... thanks man, Ilike showing up and getting odd looks from all the dodges and chevy trucks, lol.... and espically when i can hold my own to an extent... lol afterall Its all in good fun

ryanss22 i have hd push rods from smith bros and valve springs and shims for a obs 7.3 if your interested

Where abouts in NY are you planning on hooking 2.6? Doesn't take much to win in NY, were still in the stone age. I am by no means up on powerstroke stuff, but i would think would want to start with a S400 based charger rather than a 300.

Depends on Where in ny. Western ny has some extremely good running 2.6 trucks this year.

from phone

I'm from central NY, by cooperstown area... pulls at fonda ny and some small pulls around there area.... what would be a good 2.6 s400 turbo?? would i have to put a cover on it to reduce it to a 2.6??

1peiceattime- have you heard about the mohawk valley pro pullers leage? they run in fonda and herkimer once a month...

Yeah you would have to clip the wheel and run a protrusion charger or bush the inlet down with a 2.6 race cover.

from phone

I'm from central NY, by cooperstown area... pulls at fonda ny and some small pulls around there area.... what would be a good 2.6 s400 turbo?? would i have to put a cover on it to reduce it to a 2.6??

1peiceattime- have you heard about the mohawk valley pro pullers leage? they run in fonda and herkimer once a month...

Yes, ive been pulling workstock with MVPPL. I also helped a bit with the new track in fonda which we will be pulling on in august and the rest of the season. Its pretty new and 2.6 is not something the brush pullers around here are used to, so i think you will probably do pretty decent with your truck.

I dont really know what direction to point you in for a charger, i was just kind of going on out a limb and guess a 366 would be a little small for a 7.3.

Back