turbo guys

SCHOOL BUS

DLRA T-O
been tossing around the idea of going with a bigger single. Just tired of having to deal with two turbos. keeping that many more boots on, trying to get them tuned, the added weight all that stuff. what size would yall run on a 12v with lots of fuel, 200+shot of nitrous and an 1800 stall converter. im bad with all the wheel sizes and stuff. just looking at my options.

im currently running a 66/65/14 over s480 with race cover. I know eventually i need to get the top charger machined into a 66/71. and i just had an issue with the exhaust housing and will have to get a new one of those. If its going to cost too much to do all of that i might just try to sell my current setup and go with a single.

Not really concerned with it being a 2.6. And just because its going on a race truck doesnt mean i dont drive this truck on the street. And i dont want something so big that im going to have to spray to spool it.

Can a bigger single compete with my twins? am i going to get hotter egt's? Im already seeing 1900 with 86psi and two stages of nitrous.

thanks for the help

S478 would be a good single for you. I like my big singles and I'm thinking about going to this soon.

Throw a smaller ex side on your 480, gate it for the nitrous and go have fun.

is it that simple? i figured id have to have fancy schmancy stuff. where else would i find stuff like that other than the classifieds?

i was wondering about that. if i have to pull the converter for a single to work, ill stick with twins. if i can do it for next to nothing by selling stuff i already have ill do it

see i got so many switches going on in this truck i dont know if purging when trying to spoll watching my gauges and lights getting ready to shift...all the other stuff is something im wanting to do. rather have a turbo i could spool to 10-15psi at the line as easy as my twins

see i got so many switches going on in this truck i dont know if purging when trying to spoll watching my gauges and lights getting ready to shift...all the other stuff is something im wanting to do. rather have a turbo i could spool to 10-15psi at the line as easy as my twins
Not going to happen with a big single... What turbine and a/r do you have on the s480? And you will probaly need a looser converter

s471 or s475, 83 turbine. I ran a 71/83/.9 on a lower than stock stall ( around 1650) and spooled the 71 in around 6-8 seconds at the line, on fuel. With the 200 shot I think it would make some serious power. Had I not loosend the converter on my truck this was the route I would have gone.

Probably a 96mm turbine on that primary 480. I would look into another charger for a single if I were you and the spool flange but that is my slow person advice :p

I think a good set of twins built by the right person shouldn't have all these boost problems. Some people chase boost leaks forever, then others bolt on their pre fab kit and go racing with no problems whatsoever. I beleive its in the quality....but IDK just a thought i had.

the only problem i have now doesnt have anything to do with how the twins were built. wastegate issue. and at 90psi of HOT air is gonna pop boots without straps on all the conncections

I would put an external gate on it the put a 488 or 491 on the bottom. Then put vband ends on it

I plan to run another S400 single on this 12v I had now. On the old P-pump 24v I could spool the S471 very quickly with an 1800 rpm stall. I will probly only do a 66mm charger this time as it will give me all the air I need.

Back