turbo help? Kinda

rpainter

I am in the process of putting a 2nd gen manifold on my 04.5 and I am using my silver bullet. I have the turbo installed on teh manifold but I have tried to clock the center section to get the oil inlet and drain lines at 12 and 6 o'clock. but ever time I try to adjust it the wastegate hits the turbo drain. currently the oil inlet and drain are at say 1 and 7 o'clock. should I keep trying to adjust the center section or is the way I have it good? Thanks Rob

Youwill need to dent and bend the oil drain to make it work

the center section has to be clocked counterclock wise at least 1" I dont think the oil drain can be bent that much. I thried taking the drain off and moving it without it on there and the wastegate stops dead center of the drain. will tinker more with it tomorrow. but thanks Jeremy Rob

A lot of semi trucks are stock at a around 1 and 7 o'clock or a 11 and 5 o'clock. So you should be OK.

are you still using the 3rd gen style oil drain set up?

I ended up on mine cutting the pipe off and bending it to clear the wastegate then used a piece of oil resistance hose, works like a charm

i found that cutting the drain to leave just a piece pointing straight down and use rubber hose is so much easier...ill never use the metal lines again

Not sure how that would work like the one I posted.... but it would get rid of the head and give more room!

Mine has the mechanical adjustment like the Bullseye setup, I dont have any room issue's with the drain tube.

Back