Turbo lag?

yamt03

What can I do to help get rid of the lag in my wife's 2005 5.9? I have done the usual AFE II,4' exhaust and a BD X moniter. Any suggestion on what I can do?

Has it always been piggy? if not, I'd see about having it re-flashed.

Timbeaux38 said:
Has it always been piggy? if not, I'd see about having it re-flashed.

Yeah it has been this way since we got it,but I thoght the X moniter would change it like it did on my 7.3 after I put in my DP tuner, but it's still there. It's not too bad but it's there and needs to go away.

Something might be wrong. I had a stock 2002 then went and bought a 2004 and it was a night and day difference. Both of them were autos and completly stock. Something might be wrong your wifes truck should be walking all over yours.

Kman9090 said:
Something might be wrong. I had a stock 2002 then went and bought a 2004 and it was a night and day difference. Both of them were autos and completly stock. Something might be wrong your wifes truck should be walking all over yours.

I don't think anything is wrong with her truck. I ran it for codes Sunday and it didn't show any. Now I never said mine would out run hers,just said that when I hit my go pedal it's gone. Now hers will take a second or 2 and then I just way bye to her.

Theres always the way more expensive cam route you could take, or like the others said get her a smarty or smarty jr. It just feels super slow after youve tried it.

Stack that with a mild preassure box and almost all lag will be gone with the stock turbo.

However that thing should spool better than most of the aftermarket units ive heard of.

Maybe the MAP sensor isn't up to par and is suppressing the boost signal resulting in delaying fueling. It could be tweaked but not badly enough to set a code. Just 'cause there's no codes doesn't mean there isn't anything wrong.

Yeah mine 2004 had that too. I think a chip will get rif of that but you still have turbo lag. The only way to get rid of it is to hold the brake and build boost or a cam, or even a set of twins. I think what your talking about is normal but maybe not. Got test drive a truck similar to that one and see what you think. A diesel takes a couple secs to get going, anything turbo does.

Kman9090 said:
Yeah mine 2004 had that too. I think a chip will get rif of that but you still have turbo lag. The only way to get rid of it is to hold the brake and build boost or a cam, or even a set of twins. I think what your talking about is normal but maybe not. Got test drive a truck similar to that one and see what you think. A diesel takes a couple secs to get going, anything turbo does.

twins won't help initial spool, they'll hurt

TheBigNasty said:
relative to the secondary turbo size

unless you go smaller on the secondary turbo, it's going to hurt... and if you go smaller on the secondary, you're shooting yourself in the foot.

you hang a turbo under another, and it's going to spool later than if you didn't have the bottom turbo restricting it on both sides

Back