Turbo lag?

TheBigNasty said:
Ok forrest, what I meant to say is you know everything and lets all listen to you.:bow:

I've run singles and twins... you hang a turbo under another, and it's going to hurt the off-idle spool-up which is what he's talking about...

and if you run a small enough bottom turbo that it would actually help off-idle spool, it's going to hurt just about everywhere else

not saying I know everything, just trying to help the guy out :eek:

Last edited:
Forrest Nearing said:
you're comparing 7.3 liters with 17.5:1 compression to 5.9 liters with 17.2:1 compression...

Nope not at all. I know they are two different animals, just talking about the off idle spool up between the two.

Forrest Nearing said:
off-idle spool-up which is what he's talking about...

Yes this is what I'm talking about.Just trying to get her truck to spool up quicker. This is her only grip about the truck. So I was thinking maybe a ball bearing turbo would help?

90-100hp injectors woke mine up alot but my dodge still lags a little. If she wants better off idle spool up your going to have to get a smaller exhaust housing. But then if you do any fueling mods later it won't cool as well.

Is she stop light racing or something? The less you spin that charger the better fuel mileaga your gonna get? Daily driving I can't even tell the turbo lag. It's when I jump into 6th gear going 40 it gets pretty laggy, and the intersection behind me gets pretty smokey!

Back