Turbo oil drain question....

Gonna try to get my PhatShaft71 put on in the near future. The oil drain line needs to be a bit longer though. Do i need to just get a new line or could i splice into it with some type of flexible rubber hose?

I know there's rubber hose on mine between the part that bolts to the turbo and the port in the block. Been there for 159k miles.

Oil resistant 3/4" silicone line. The drain is 7/8" tube. 3/4" hydraulic hose is too tight to fit over and 1" is too thick to clamp down. Found that out today installing my turbo. I needed to cut about 1" out and figured I'd buy some hose to use as a coupler. It turned into a scavenger hunt to find hose that would work.

Oil resistant 3/4" silicone line. The drain is 7/8" tube. 3/4" hydraulic hose is too tight to fit over and 1" is too thick to clamp down. Found that out today installing my turbo. I needed to cut about 1" out and figured I'd buy some hose to use as a coupler. It turned into a scavenger hunt to find hose that would work.

Im kinda confused. The drain is 7/8" but you used 3/4"?

THe silicone flexes enough to use 3/4" line. Heaterhose or reinforced rubber hose won't stretch enough. 7/8" heater hose works best.

I have a chunk of Hydrolic hose on mine. rubber with a steel braid through it. I think I still have some left too.

Back