turbo opinions

bluelineranch

hey everyone I've got a turbo related question, I just put on a Holset H1E non wastegated turbo, and the sucker will not spool well or hit much over 20 psi my pickup has 150s in it and I'm pretty sure it should be doing better than this, so im looking at a few options
1.chip it?
2.external wastegate?
3.new cam?
4.ditch the sucker

the good thing is I can drive it with no smoke and even after abusing it the egts have never gotten to the 600 mark any advice is appreciated

Without a "chip" or fueling box, the factory tuning will cut back fuel around 20 psi, that's probably why it won't go over 21 psi or 600* exhaust gas temperature.

Add a Quad Adrenaline and report back on your findings. Add a used Edge EZ if you want to be cheap, I'd bet that would still allow for 30-32 psi boost and a lot more power than you have right now.

If you aren't getting over 600* pre turbo, your turbo is not your problem. Its either fueling or programming. If you don't have a box or boost fooler you need one.

truck needs a boost fooler at minimum.with egts at 600 degrees pre or post turbo you have a fueling issue, bad pyro, possibly in limp mode..

thanks guys Im waiting on the i quad for my chip of choice, that h1e was a pain to mount up so Im going to keep it on till something blows up I sure must say the electronics are an inconvenience at times ha ha

well its been awhile but I finally found a chip and got some front end issues fixed, edge comp on any level and I still cant break 20 psi, all I have is a bunch more black smoke and higher egt. I bought a dtec 64/12/65 which will eventually go on but now I want to solve this issue, maybe Im just stubborn, would more timing help me?

after I blew an ic boot ive checked it all twice, would this be worth a darn as a bottom turbo with such a big exhaust? its stamped Ill look tomorrow

Back