Turbo porting

bd blk 12v

Fixen broken bulldogs
Hello guys. I have a question on turbo porting. I have the turbo in my signature. I have been looking for a 14cm housing with no luck. The gate I have on it is the Ed drive pressure gate. I can make 47psi with this turbo. I can peg my 1600 get gauge. I thought I would see more boost. I have no plate and don't know if that is hindering me. I ported the exhaust manifold when I had the o rings cut in the head. Hamilton also ported the head just under the valves. Would porting the turbine housing give me any benefit? I have ran a drive pressure gauge in the exhaust and was anywhere from 40 to 65 psi. I haven't messed with springs on the Ed gate. I got rid of the 370 injectors and bought 5x016 nozzles and had them set to 290 bar. It idles a lot smoother. I also put a tork tek overflow and a Vulcan dual feed line to the p7100. Thanks for the help.

What's your fuel pressure like? Was that 65 psi of drive at 47 psi of boost? If so that 12cm housing is really choking it out. You can get a 14cm housing from Forced Inductions.

I haven't checked fuel pressure driving under load. I did clean the prescreen and deleted the fuel heater. I put a gauge in the dual feed line and at idle have 27psi. I didn't drive it. I'm thinking on installing a holley black as a pusher to the stock lift pump. Its a new one from cummins. The 65 psi drive was a one time reading. At 47psi boost I see about 52psi drive. Thanks for your help.

Check your fuel pressure at WOT in 4th gear lockup....

I will check fuel pressure. I called forced inductions and they don't have a housing. They told me they haven't had any on the shelf and they are in back order. I had that problem 3 years ago and bought this 12cm. Thanks for the help guys.

I checked fuel pressure. Cruising with 5psi of boost 35psi of fuel pressure. When I get on it fuel pressure drops to 15psi.

That low fuel pressure could be 100% of the problem. At that low of pressure, it's not totally refilling the plungers in the injection pump and causing poor quality injection which equates to poor fuel delivery. Since you're modified, you need to get fuel pressure up to 30+ psi WOT for it to run right and 60+ psi if you want it to make 600+ HP.

Thanks Big Blue. I looked at your thread on your junker drag truck. I have a pro comp black on the way. I was wanting to hook it up like yours. I have the tork Tec overflow valve and its adjusted up about all the way. Before I adjusted it the truck smoked a lot. With it adjusted and driving it yesterday with the fp gauge hooked up it cleared a lot of the smoke up. I did delete the heater and cleaned the pre screen. Thanks again

Back