turbo question

the 97.... it's bigger to compensate for no intercooler on the older trucks, it's also the same turbo used in the 7.3 vans from 99-03 because they didn't have an intercooler....
the OBS turbo is commonly an upgrade for the newer 7.3s

I'd say its a wash between the two, and the van turbos are not the same.
the van turbos acually may be a little bit of an upgrade if you have bigger injectors, becasue they have bigger houseings.

in my opinion the only reason some one might want to go to a superduty turbo would be becase that pedistle would work with a 38r if they wanted to upgrade to that in the future.

I know this isn't the place to ask for an intercooler but I'm looking for an intercooler off a 99 or so for my dodge, yes I said dodge, its a 90 and the old cross-over tube just isn't doing it for me. Anyone know of anybody with one for sale of where I could get one without getting taken to the cleaners?

does anybody know if a 99 and up turbo will just bolt on to a 97 powerstroke or is there and modifications needed

does anybody know if a 99 and up turbo will just bolt on to a 97 powerstroke or is there and modifications needed

you would need the SD up-pipes, pedistal, downpipe, intercooler pipe, etc
not worth it IMO...
H2E pedistal can fit MANY more turbos and you can always get a modded H2E for it! which is a better flowing turbo then the 38r

yeah the 01 turbos spool quicker and have a smaller housing. it would be easier just to get a H2E or ugraded turbo like glasseater said

Back