Turbo Replacment Tips and Tricks

wideopen

Slum Lord
Hey guys I'm about to swap turbos on my 6.7L, don't get to excited it's just a Stock for a Stock to try and remove the Turbo Code.

Never done it before, do you guys have and tips/Tricks/must have tools for this job?

Also how long does it take to do it? I plan to start soaking the studs and such in penetrating oil 24 Hours in advance.

Thanks guys.

Worst Part IMO is the stupid coolant pipe that goes on the Rear most bottom stud. There are a couple 10mm bolts holding it to the block as well that a will free up a little play. drain your coolant, dont crush lower oil drain, probably easier just to remove from the block so you dont crush it. other than that its not bad... probably a 3-5hr job.

Have you tried cleaning EBPS Tube and sensor?

I have not done one on a 6.7, but on my 06 it helped to have a set of stubby wrenches to get to some of the nuts that hold the charger on.

Yep, what Mudn said. If you want to remove the manifold, remove those 10mm bolts that hold the coolant pipe, so it will move out of the way. I use a long extension and go thru the fender well for the rear 10mm bolt.

I hear it is easier if you take the fender off. Possible just hear-say. ;)

I was going to remove the cab, then I realized I was working on a Dodge not a Ford.

Definitely remove the fender well. Makes it easier to get to a lot of those bolts... And be prepared, those boogers are a little on the heavy side

Quickest way to remove, pull fender well, shock and tower, loosen motor mount and pick engine up from the front hook, makes it so much easier.

Nah thats too much work ^. Pull the two 10mm out of the a/c accumulator and rotate it a little. Slide right out the side.

Back