turbo streetablity question

rpainter

I am looking at going to a larger turbo for my truck. Currently have a silver bullet on it and I am looking at a S472 ETT with a A/R of 1.10 and a 87 mm turbine wheel. I dont tow with my truck but it is a auto and the stall is slightly looser than stock. So it is going to be a turd or can I drive it??

i think if youre not going to tow with it you should be able to use it. its going to be a turd for sure but you can still drive with it. i know someone with a 12 valve running 5x20s an s480 with an 87mm turbine and full cut delivery valves and he drives it every day. port your head and put a cam in it. that will help with spoolup.

shoot he says he can tow up to 10k with it. he doesnt tow with it all the time but he says when he needs to, he can.

i think if youre not going to tow with it you should be able to use it. its going to be a turd for sure but you can still drive with it. i know someone with a 12 valve running 5x20s an s480 with an 87mm turbine and full cut delivery valves and he drives it every day. port your head and put a cam in it. that will help with spoolup.

My motor has a aftermarket big cam,decompressed pistons,mild port on head,and 250 hp injectors currently

I am looking at going to a larger turbo for my truck. Currently have a silver bullet on it and I am looking at a S472 ETT with a A/R of 1.10 and a 87 mm turbine wheel. I dont tow with my truck but it is a auto and the stall is slightly looser than stock. So it is going to be a turd or can I drive it??

That 1.10 will make the bottom end soggy in an auto. Not all that great of a daily driver. I would suggest trying the .90A/R or 1.00A/R max.

That 1.10 will make the bottom end soggy in an auto. Not all that great of a daily driver. I would suggest trying the .90A/R or 1.00A/R max.

what about a S471 with a 74mm turbine and a a/r 1.10? Would that be better on the street??

what about a S471 with a 74mm turbine and a a/r 1.10? Would that be better on the street??

The 72/74 with the 1.10A/R would be a better piece. We build lots of them for customers on here. No complaints from them about it. Works great.

The 72/74 with the 1.10A/R would be a better piece. We build lots of them for customers on here. No complaints from them about it. Works great.

pm me a price and did you get my other pm about my silver bullet?? Thanks Rob

Running a .90 on my S475

Always have heard that the silver bullets where slow spooling.

Back