turbo suggestion please.

gstanfield

Are we there yet?
What would be the next step up from the stock turbo? I'm only wanting to pull about 350-375hp out of this truck and the stock HX35 has too much lag for me for most days (came from a V-10 gas so turbo lag is new to me) I don't want to go to a huge turbo, and I'm certain that 375hp will be OK as I plan to build a race truck (hobby race, not like racingduallies truck!) in another year or two and this will continue to be my family truck so it doesn't have to pull the world off it's hinges, just cruise nicely and pull a camper occasionally.

SO, what would be the next size turbo one step above the HX35? 350-375 smoke free horses should be easy to get I would think.

Thanks,
George

if you think a hx35 is laggy, there isnt a turbo thats going to make the power you want without a bit more lag. 350hp is easy on a hx35. Or a good 62/12 would work too.

I understand that a bigger turbo is going to have more lag, that's why I wanted to just go up only one size bigger. It's not really a problem, I'm just used to driving my V-10 w/ 4.30's and a 425hp 1970 454 before that so of course the CTD is going to seem more laggy than a hot rod gas. I'm good with this, just trying to figure out where to go from here.

My main reason for wanting a bigger turbo is that I had been told that 350 with a HX35 would require a lot of smoke and wanted to stay away from that.

Thanks for the input,
George

Back