Turbo support

little6cylinder

Everything is "fixable"
Anyone have pictures of different big turbo support brackets on the older blocks. Like the 97. I want to change mine. I'm thinking of supporting mine off the hot pipe flange like a lot of turbo cars do (10.5 cars) so the oil drain is just the oil drain. My block doesnt have the holes behind the motor mount to use like the newer trucks. Just wonderin how others did it

Anyone have pictures of different big turbo support brackets on the older blocks. Like the 97. I want to change mine. I'm thinking of supporting mine off the hot pipe flange like a lot of turbo cars do (10.5 cars) so the oil drain is just the oil drain. My block doesnt have the holes behind the motor mount to use like the newer trucks. Just wonderin how others did it

I will try and find a pic of mine I built a bracket that goes on the hot pipe and bolts to the bell housing in the two holes beside the cover where u take the flexplate bolts out

Does the source mount for the 12v block not work well or is it just not in the budget? I'm curious myself about the source mount.

^^^ thats what im running and i love it. it bolts to the engine mount and the bell housing. if you do run that. make sure to install the mount before cutting the oil pan oil. i was off about 2" and it made the drain hose a little harder to fit

Last edited:
^^^ thats what im running and i love it. it bolts to the engine mount and the bell housing. if you do run that. make sure to install the mount before cutting the oil pan oil. i was off about 2" and it made the drain hose a little harder to fit

Cool deal and thanks for the heads up!

Does the source mount for the 12v block not work well or is it just not in the budget? I'm curious myself about the source mount.

Could always fab one like theirs. Thats what I did. Turned out quite well. Some 1" angle iron, some 3"x1/4" plate, 1" square tubing and an old turbo drain. I probably would've picked a little different material had I not had all that laying around.

No I could buy one. I tig welded a bung into the pan for the drain and I like the drain being by itself. Less chance for leaks. I like the idea of mounting that big sob by the plate on the flange instead of the 2 little 8mm bolts

I will try and find a pic of mine I built a bracket that goes on the hot pipe and bolts to the bell housing in the two holes beside the cover where u take the flexplate bolts out

Thanks. I was thinking of using the bottom exhaust manifold bolts and running that over to the hot pipe flange

this is what i ended up with
BigTurboBracket-1.jpg

^^^ That is a very interesting idea. Are those bolts already tapped in the back of the block? What thread dimensions are they if so?

Yeah they are already there Nick. Keeps that freeze plug in there at the same time!

^^^ That is a very interesting idea. Are those bolts already tapped in the back of the block? What thread dimensions are they if so?
thanks thought it would work good.
Not sure the thread pitch I just grabbed some bolts outta the used metric stash. It's a 15mm head i think they were 10mm 1.25

Yeah they are already there Nick. Keeps that freeze plug in there at the same time!

thanks thought it would work good.
Not sure the thread pitch I just grabbed some bolts outta the used metric stash. It's a 15mm head i think they were 10mm 1.25

Yeah, that is a true no brainer solution!!!

little6, you mind taking measurements of the distance between those bolts centerline to centerline if the motor is still outside of the truck?

Im glad I have a spare block for Mockup. Those are hard to get to with the motor in truck.

I would be trying one of these with the motor in hence the request for the distance apart of these bolt hole locations. Not saying it is doable but something worth looking into to be ahead of a potential freez plug disaster.

Back