turbo time need help

payton

so its gonna be time to add a turbo soon..so give me some opinons on what i should run
and if ya know where to find it for a good price i wouldnt mind know that either.. and used is fine with me..

current set up

03 dodge ram 3500 quadcab 4wd
6spd with sb dd 3650
smarty mp8 fass 150150
intake exhaust
parts on there way
arson stage 3 cp3 kit from shane(as soon as they come back in)
ddp 120 hp injectors
dual feed line and boredout fuel rail

i made 430hp last time on the dyno so im looking to bump those numbers. realiztic id like to be 600+ hp so give me some input on turbos

payton

i agree but if u go to big then u will loose ur bottom end for towing and that.

so you dont think i can break hit 600 with a 64 turbo? im only 170 hp away as the truck sits right now.

im adding an arson stage 3 cp3 kit 120 sticks duel feed lines and a bored out fuel rail.. you really think it wont be able to hit 600? i was thinking id hit 600 pretty easy.. but i honestly dont know..
payton

so you dont think i can break hit 600 with a 64 turbo? im only 170 hp away as the truck sits right now.

im adding an arson stage 3 cp3 kit 120 sticks duel feed lines and a bored out fuel rail.. you really think it wont be able to hit 600? i was thinking id hit 600 pretty easy.. but i honestly dont know..
payton

Yes you can hit 600 with a 64/71/13 or 64/71/14, egt's and DP's might be high, but its very possible.

Your problem will be running 120hp stix with only a Arson 3 kit, your rail pressure will suck, which in turn hurts hp. Youll need a stage 2 or better a stage 3.

yeah i realize the arson 3 kit isnt no sub for a stage 2 pump but its what is in the budget at the time.. thats why im looking for cheap turbo options also..

payton

Yes you can hit 600 with a 64/71/13 or 64/71/14, egt's and DP's might be high, but its very possible.

Your problem will be running 120hp stix with only a Arson 3 kit, your rail pressure will suck, which in turn hurts hp. Youll need a stage 2 or better a stage 3.

I agree with bh10 an actual modded pump will help alot and being an 03 I would put a tst on to help get you toward the 600. a member on here made over 500 with an 03 that had silver bullet 66, tst stacked on the ats/ppe programmer, stock fuel system/injectors and it was at danville also I watched it happen

64/71-13ss I think you can get 600, but not without a pump, also a tst will wake it up, up top. I'm hoping for 600+ with a stage 3 pump, and larger injectors with a 64mm turbo, and TST.

well ill look into tst may just take a run down and talk to them.. what excatly does the tst do? does it replace the mp8? or what not really looked much into tst..
payton

well ill look into tst may just take a run down and talk to them.. what excatly does the tst do? does it replace the mp8? or what not really looked much into tst..
payton

Dont waste your money on a TST, if you cant get 600hp with what you have, with the add 64 sized tubro, you got some issues.

im sure the modded pump would really help but not in the budget at the current time work being slow divorce etc. but im pretty confident im gonna pick up a turbo in the next month or so.. really just looking to break the 600 mark i know everyone says the 03 is hard to get power from but like ive said im already at 430 so il see what happens
payton

im sure the modded pump would really help but not in the budget at the current time work being slow divorce etc. but im pretty confident im gonna pick up a turbo in the next month or so.. really just looking to break the 600 mark i know everyone says the 03 is hard to get power from but like ive said im already at 430 so il see what happens
payton

Its hard because of the turbo and injectors. Once you switch those out and get a smarty your right on the power level of the 600/625 series CR's w/ the same mods.

I'm not to sure about the modded rail either cause your already going to have a problem with keeping rp up and when you put that bored rail on there i would think you would loose even more pressure do to having more volume in the rail instead of more pressure. There's a lot of guys making 7, 8, 900 horse with a stock rail.

yeah i was wondering bout the rail but already paid for it so its going on what the hell if it hurts ill do something different.. but for now its goin on.. gotta return the stock rail..

and ive already got a smarty so only time will tell what happens il bee sure to post dyno results we i get it finished..
payton

the tst is injector pulse width and timing and a few other things. it will for sure drain your rail. I would find a nice used one dont buy a new one they are really expensive. as for performance wise it will blow an mp8 out of the water but they do different things. you can get a tst R49 that does rail pressure but they had alot of issues with them. I know first hand if you put a tst on a stock truck with something else like a smarty its not going to run strong because it will drain the rail in heartbeat. if you get a real modded pump or dual pumps then its a different story. most of the older common rail trucks that are highly modded run one. I dont run one on mine because its an 06.5 and a risky case. the smarty is for sure strong power but the tst will help trust me ive ran a couple and seen what they can do they are no joke

Back