Turbo upgrade

Justaintcare

Hey all, I currently have a 01 cummins I bought a few months ago. It's has afe intake, stock turbo, 50hp injectors (so the previous owner claims) air dog 100gph, pyro gauge, boost gauge, boost elbow, currently waiting on edge jwa, and a southbend dual disc comp clutch. I want to do a turbo upgrade and probably injectors too, I'm wondering what I should run. I don't haul much and my ideal set up for now is mid 400-500hp. Thanks guys

Yeah I forgot also installing those, my friend suggested a s475 with 150 injectors. Just trying to hear everyone's recommendations lol

Yeah! The S475 would be perfect under the HX. Do it!

I ran the hx over a box s475 with 150 HP injectors, by far the best set up for a usable 500hp truck, I had a 6 sp and it ran AMAZING. I then wanted more power hence my signature...

Twins are usually the best option haha. But if you want to stay with a single a 63/68 seems to be a very popular choice for a vp truck.

Twins are usually the best option haha. But if you want to stay with a single a 63/68 seems to be a very popular choice for a vp truck.

This and a set of 7x.010's.
Done deal. My last truck has 100hp DDP and a 62/65/14 among other things and did 500.

I'm runnin a gt3788r (64/74/.99) with edge 8 hole 150's and it pulls pretty dang good. I had a comp box and smarty stack then just the comp box and now I'm runnin just a ts mvp and it still gets the job done. Turbo is set at 40psi max and does good even at that. But I think a little smaller would be perfect for a little quicker spool especially with some good injectors. You'll be glad you did it.

Back