turbo upgrades for the he351 ve

bwdt

engineer
Does any one know if there are any upgrades for the variable turbo's like bigger housings or bigger impellers etc. Do any companies do upgrades?

I am planning on installing one on my truck and thought that there might be some upgrades that could be done before the install.

None that I know of. Bigger and smaller exhaust housing is what the Variable Geometry is all about. Vanes one way, 9 cm housing. Vanes the other way, 16 cm housing. I'm not sure you would want to go much bigger on the compressor with the 58mm drive wheel I think it carries over from the HE351cw. Possible compressor surge.

you can go from 3 to 26cm on the turbine side and it has a 60mm wheel on the compressor, but I dont know of any upgrades.

Wow, 3 to 26? That's awesome! It does have a 60mm compressor, but I'm saying if you found someone that was willing to put together a 62 or 64 compressor and housing on the front of that turbo, the 58mm turbine would be too small.

Industrial injection sells HE351ve turbos with stage 2 62mm compressor wheels or stage 3 64mm compressor wheels.

The exhaust wheel on the HE351ve 07.5+ is larger than the exhaust wheel on the HE351cw 04.5-07 stock turbo.

Per my measurements, the HE351ve came with a 65mm x 60mm exhaust turbine wheel.

Most 351ve's measure 70/60 on the hotside and II quoted me $1k for a 64mm wheel in my 451 (same as for a 351). Not sure if I want to give up my titanium wheel, nor do I think I will push my truck past the 500hp mark that the stock wheel should support...

Back