Turbonetics T66 DBB

Cory151

Hey gang,

Just ordered a T66 turbo for my Supra, if it turns out being a bit small for my liking is there any reason I couldn't put it in place of my s300 on my 12v? Its got a T4 undivided exhaust flange with a 4" outlet P trim .70 A/R

Thanks

First off what type of s300 do you have? like what is the exhaust housing size compressor wheel? 62,64, 66?

More specific information about both turbo's would help us to help you.

Spence

it's gonna surge like a mother humper... especially with a non-MWE compressor housing!!!!

I wouldn't waste another moment's consideration on it IMO

I have run this charger and the only thing it does well is spool pretty quick for a 66. The turbonetics stuff doesn't like the high pressure ratios we like to operate at. SOTP my previous 62mm s300 felt stronger than the t66 did.

Last edited:
I ran one on my mega cab with a .80 housing and an MWE compressor, and it barked like a SOB and the boost needle would flutter at WOT at like 40-45psi

Really?

Cause this guy on here is apparently thumping Duramax left and right with it. He didnt mention compressor surge at all. He does mention 48psi though..:redx:

Please tell me all Dmax Guys aren't this dumb (being sarcastic) - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Ha, that was me lmao. A few things:
1. That duramax was owned by an idiot and it was not fast
2. I have had three other turbos since the t66 which was my first upgrade from the factory charger and they all out performed the t66

I ran 12.9x with the t66 and with no other change other than a bigger borg warner s468 ran 12.07 and picked up 6 mph you be the judge.

Just wondering cause this other dude up here claims it will "surge like a mother humper"

I dont know about you but that sounds like an awful lot of surging

Just wondering cause this other dude up here claims it will "surge like a mother humper"

I dont know about you but that sounds like an awful lot of surging

Didn't have too many surging issues but a common rail drives a turbo harder than a 12v so I wouldn't be surprised if Forrest had issues. Mine surged a bit at wot though just not at part throttle.

what other dude up there? :confused:

dude, I ran one... I'm guessing your turbo doesn't have an MWE compressor housing since it's spec'd for a gasser... I know you're pretty new to all this, but I'm not just quoting some **** I read in a magazine...

Didn't have too many surging issues but a common rail drives a turbo harder than a 12v so I wouldn't be surprised if Forrest had issues. Mine surged a bit at wot though just not at part throttle.

mine barked like a guard dog when it went into OD/lockup at anything less than WOT

Ha, that was me lmao. A few things:
1. That duramax was owned by an idiot and it was not fast
2. I have had three other turbos since the t66 which was my first upgrade from the factory charger and they all out performed the t66

I ran 12.9x with the t66 and with no other change other than a bigger borg warner s468 ran 12.07 and picked up 6 mph you be the judge.

Think youd have any issue towing a race car or two with that s468?

you want to tow a race car with an 12v automatic with a T66? :eek:

hang an S475 under your current turbo and call it good

you want to tow a race car with an 12v automatic with a T66? :eek:

hang an S475 under your current turbo and call it good

It tows fine with what it has now, I cant go much bigger because not wanting to kill my EGTs. Lastly I refuse to spend $ on twins in a 14 year old tow pig I payed $3k for (like putting a chandelier in an outhouse).

Back