Turbonetics T66 DBB

Think youd have any issue towing a race car or two with that s468?

wouldn't recommend it. Your current turbo is all you need for towing just about any normal race car trailer. If you want to have your cake and eat it too there are other options including the one Forrest suggests via twins although with some of the new stuff hitting the market i'd stay with a single for cost and simplicity.

Besides the s475 is $1500 with the race cover not counting piping.......

T66 = FREE
and nothin beets free buddy

wouldn't recommend it. Your current turbo is all you need for towing just about any normal race car trailer. If you want to have your cake and eat it too there are other options including the one Forrest suggests via twins although with some of the new stuff hitting the market i'd stay with a single for cost and simplicity.

So it did surge??

T66 = FREE

Before you blow off Forrest, first realize he gives great advice. The best way to tow and have HP is with twins. And two, you dont need a race cover on a s475 to build twins. I think a brand new s475 without race cover is in the $750 range and would work great under your stock turbo. If you MUST stay with a single, find a s300 with a 62mm compressor. That should support nearly 500hp and still tow well.

Before you blow off Forrest, first realize he gives great advice. The best way to tow and have HP is with twins. And two, you dont need a race cover on a s475 to build twins. I think a brand new s475 without race cover is in the $750 range and would work great under your stock turbo. If you MUST stay with a single, find a s300 with a 62mm compressor. That should support nearly 500hp and still tow well.

According to what Ive found a the BD I have flows around 60lbs/per minute the T66 says it will flow just over 72lbs per minute at upwards of 30psi. Which would be an upgrade, and with DBB would give me sooner spool. Will it not?

http://moreboost.org/graphics/maps/T66.gif

...... at upwards of 30psi. ........http://moreboost.org/graphics/maps/T66.gif[/url]

Again, at 30 psi which is not where this turbo will be working at wot.

Look, the turbo will work but there are better options imho. If it's free put it on and have fun. If you don't like it then replace with something else. Forrest and I are just giving you our experiences with this turbo.

Last edited:
I ran a t-66 and HATED it. Surged, barked, and generally p****d me off. My 64/71/13 s-300 was a lot stronger. I also had a lot or fuel going to it, and tried 2 different exhaust housings. About the only goo thing I can say is it sounds cool, and it's smooth.

T66 = FREE

I'll sell ya S475 for $1500 as well, LOL

Amazing your getting advice on not to run it because you asked and now your going to argue with guys who have run the identical charger. There's no hope left for this world I tell ya.

Again, at 30 psi which is not where this turbo will be working at wot.

Look, the turbo will work but there are better options imho. If it's free put it on and have fun. If you don't like it then replace with something else. Forrest and I are just giving you are experiences with this turbo.

Thats probably what ill do, because im hard headed like that. I could replace all the copper piping in my house with braided stainless and Earls fittings but lets face it, the "better option" isnt always the most economical.

Was really interested in the surge characteristics of it (since we have similar setups) but I guess Ill just have to find out for myself.

Later.

hell, I'll cut you a break and sell you 10 S475's for $1200 a piece! :D

if you pay more than $700 for one, you're getting hosed IMO

I ran a t-66 and HATED it. Surged, barked, and generally p****d me off. My 64/71/13 s-300 was a lot stronger. I also had a lot or fuel going to it, and tried 2 different exhaust housings. About the only goo thing I can say is it sounds cool, and it's smooth.

Jesus ... thank you, thats what i wanted to know, from somebody who ran it.
Ill stick with my Borge Warner variant then.

Jesus ... thank you, thats what i wanted to know, from somebody who ran it.
Ill stick with my Borge Warner variant then.

uhh... I ran one... Nick ran one... neither of us particularly liked them... and ours had MWE housings! yours would only be worse

I'll sell ya S475 for $1500 as well, LOL

Amazing your getting advice on not to run it because you asked and now your going to argue with guys who have run the identical charger. There's no hope left for this world I tell ya.

I didnt read a word of what you said because of the tits in your avatar.
Thank you for that :clap::woohoo:

Back