Turbo's

Looking forward to doing the turbo/injectors/fuel system we talked about! hope it does 500+ on fuel, then ive got enough extra nitrous stuff to add a kit to it if we want

Can you tow with your 66mm charger:bang:hehe:, any pics of the units guys:rockwoot:, glad to hear the progress

We have a couple photos of the non-wastegated units, but no one thought of taking photos of the wastegated units

What are the pro's and cons of wastegate vs. no waste gate? Price difference?

When sizing a turbocharger that are a lot of variances to take into account. I don’t want to get into all of them but for our this discussion, I will just touch on a couple. Backpressure should not be more than 1.3 times that of boost for a street application and 1 to 1 on a racing application in our opinions. So, when sizing a turbo for a specific application, we take backpressure is a big consideration. The second consideration is what rpm range. The wider the rpm range the more difficult it is have the turbocharger creating boost.

To get a charger to start creating boost pressures at a low rpm range a smaller turbine housing or turbine wheels are used. The down side of that is that they create more backpressure at higher rpms (this is especially true with the 6.0’s). If you decide to match the turbine wheel and housing for the top end, the chargers don’t seem very responsive and driveability suffers.

Once of the answers to this issues are wastegated housings. You can use a smaller housing or wheel to get the turbo to light down low, but then vent the excess backpressure to the down pipe so that the backpressure stays within an acceptable range.

The con to most wastegated setups is that they cost more to make and take up more room.

Man I want one of them there 66's. What exhaust housing options are there? And can you PM me the price for a gated version shipped to BFE (99577)?

Our Chargers are based off of BorgWarner's S300 series.

We are currently offering two different turbine wheels for all but the 58mm compressor wheel. The combinations are:

62mm compressor wheel with either a 65mm or 71mm turbine wheel
64mm compressor wheel with either a 65mm or 71mm turbine wheel
66mm compressor wheel with either a 71mm or 74mm turbine wheel

The 58mm comes with a 65mm turbine wheel. There is really no since in using a 71mm turbine wheel with a 58mm compressor wheel. The 62/65 will work better for those applications.

Man I want one of them there 66's. What exhaust housing options are there? And can you PM me the price for a gated version shipped to BFE (99577)?

Hey Jesse,

I just sent you a pm with pricing.

Exhaust housing options for the internally wastegated units are .70a/r or .80a/r.

Back