turn signal with a mind of its own

randal07

another guy with a truck
So about a year ago I received a letter for a recall on my 2006 dodge for the turn signal switch malfunctioning. At the time my turn signals would flash opposite of the selected position or both would flash at the same time, so I took it to the dealership and they installed a new switch and the problem went away until recently. I went to the dealership today and they said they would replace it again for free, but is there any way to fix this more permanently and who else has had this problem?

For some reason the '06's were plagued with little gremlins like that. If memory serves the tach on that same model is prone to failure as well. As for the turn signal problem hopefully the new relay will cure it. Good luck

My '07 did the same thing, especially if you didn't fully engage it (for like a lane change or whatever)

06's are the worst year of any CR. all of then have electrical problems or some Werid voo-Doo going on.

My brake lights like to stay on after I stop sometimes, the tach works when it wants but it runs for now so I am happy. Maybe an 07 switch?

The problem lies inside the multifunction switch...the metal switch contacts slowly wear down into small particles which mix with the dielectric grease and then the grease and contacts start to flow out and short to the wrong contacts (which are obviously very close together in such a small space).

Here is a thread on it with pics to fix, or you can just have the dealer replace it again....if they DO, ask for your old one back and you can take it apart and clean it and then haver it ready for the next time the new one fails.

Multifuction Switch Repair

Back