Turns over, but doesn't start

CumminsPOWER

"I'll go all in."
Okay just recently got her all put back together from doing some mods, changing out a bad VP44 and lines was one of the "mods" :bang, but as i stated it cranks and plenty healthy at that... just won't start. Cracked 2 lines at the head and getting fuel there.

Heres the list of codes that show up. Any info with what would be the cause?

P1693 Generic fault indicating a fault in the bus or PCM/ECM interface
P1689 No Communication Between ECM & Injection Pump Module
P0122 Accelerator Position Sensor (APPS) LowAPPS Voltage Input Too Low
P0522 Engine Oil Pressure Sensor/Switch Circuit Low Input
P0523 Oil Pressure Sending Unit Voltage too high
P0216 Fuel Injection pump Timing Malfunciton [new injector pump time]

This is the order of how they came up as well. So at this point I'm assuming the 1689 is simply because the VP44 was replaced and the connector was removed to get it off? Same with the 0216, because thats from the old pump? I know the 1693 is a companion code, so that leaves me at a loss as to why it won't start and whats the cause of the 0122, 0522, and 0523 codes...

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Might want to recheck the connector at the VP, might not be locked all the way.

Another thing, was the key in the new pump? There's an arrow stamped into the key, the arrow faces the pump. And your sure the keyway is centered in the pump gear?

sometimes I make sure and clear all the codes after the new pump is on. Also, sometimes you have to bleed 3-4 injectors to finally get it cranked up. Glad to see it's running again

If the key is not in the pump is there any way to get it lined up without taking the pump off

Back