Twin Charged 4BT, Eaton M122, HE341VE

steed

Getting closer to completing my twin charged setup. I'm hoping to have it complete sometime in Dec.

supercharger is a Eaton M122 out of a Ford Shelby GT500

Turbo is a Hybrid HE341/HE351VE

I am planning on having my Turbo Controller sensor and AFC boost line pre supercharger, this will allow the turbo to be fueled and positioned by the turbo boost instead of the compounded boost of the supercharger.

a>

Last edited:
Hahaa, I had similar idea in summer.

The M122 is bit small to 6bt, but perfect for 4bt and according to my calculation the 60mm ( I have 60mm He431 vgt mechanical actuator) turbo in 4Bt is same as 80mm in 6bt

The supercharger is almost same size as 4 bt cyl.head.

My idea was to tilt the charger 45 degrees and move to closeer to intake, but You designe is way better.

If the 60 mm turbo is too small, I have 71mm He551vgt too

The charger will be before turbo or after.
:cheer:
If after, then by- bass is needed

The turbo is going to feed my supercharger, I read somewhere if you have the supercharger feed into the turbo it can cause problems?

Its slowly getting there, the bracket is complete,

what's left,
charge pipe from my intercooler to my supercharger
Charge Pipe from supercharger to engine
plug vacuum ports on supercharger
Cut a hole in hood
Belt routing

20131130_144942_zpsbdc69462.jpg

20131130_144934_zps077ea36f.jpg

20131130_144927_zpsae0db376.jpg

20131130_145005_zps02d55e83.jpg

Hahaa, I had similar idea in summer.

The M122 is bit small to 6bt, but perfect for 4bt and according to my calculation the 60mm ( I have 60mm He431 vgt mechanical actuator) turbo in 4Bt is same as 80mm in 6bt

The supercharger is almost same size as 4 bt cyl.head.

My idea was to tilt the charger 45 degrees and move to closeer to intake, but You designe is way better.

If the 60 mm turbo is too small, I have 71mm He551vgt too

I am using the HE341VE wheel and housing, its a 54MM wheel. I have a 62MM wheel but its to big, takes to much fuel to spool. The 54MM wheel is better, I cruse at 5PSI and I hit 35PSI WOT. With the supercharger I should see 5psi at idle or even more, one guy claimed 8PSI on a 6BT with a M112. The M122 is 10CI bigger and more advanced with that on a 4BT I might see 10PSI at idle.

Once its running its going to be interesting :pop:

If you use supercharger after turbo, you need by-bass .
With by-bass , before and after supercharger there will be no pressure difference to flex the rotors.

This system is commonly used by finnish MB superturbo and also member Mika did with his chevy

Also look for tacoclaw's thread titled "supercharger pulley" or something like that. He has a working setup. SmokieOkie also had a working setup for a while.

I like the supercharger and turbo combos. I just wouldn't like having to remove the supercharger to do valve adjustments, add oil, bleed injectors etc etc... great combo just don't like the mount.
Just me personally.. don't take offense.
Thanks,
Deo

I have an MP112 on my 6L LS and have been thinking about feeding it with an 88mm turbo waste gated to 10psi max. The 112 sees about 6psi max and it seems like a good direction to go so that you can have the good bottom end drivability with a bit more top end power. With just the supercharger it makes about 470rwhp. If it could squeeze another 200-250 out of it, I'd be all smiles and have money left over.

Last edited:
If you use supercharger after turbo, you need by-bass .
With by-bass , before and after supercharger there will be no pressure difference to flex the rotors.

This system is commonly used by finnish MB superturbo and also member Mika did with his chevy
Before I started building this I got a lot of advice from Job Bond Performance, he specializes in superchargers. He was telling me I shouldn’t have an issue flexing under 50lbs.

If I run the supercharger before the turbo, the supercharger won’t be feeding enough air into the turbo and could damage the turbo.

My idea is to run the m122 after the turbo without a bypass, since is a roots style blower, no matter what, it is going to pull in 2 liters of air every rotation. Since the turbo is going to have already compressed the 2 liters of air the blower is going to take in. The M122 it’s going to recompress the air, making it a 2 state compressor so the compressed air is multiplied.

I don’t think im going to really have anyissues except maybe a blow head gasket if I push to much air.

I have an MP112 on my 6L LS and have been thinking about feeding it with an 88mm turbo waste gated to 10psi max. The 112 sees about 6psi max and it seems like a good direction to go so that you can have the good bottom end drivability with a bit more top end power. With just the supercharger it makes about 470rwhp. If it could squeeze another 200-250 out of it, I'd be all smiles and have money left over.
Thanks awesome thread, in case anyone is interested in it.
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157191

I eventually want to get a custom 2 pulley setup made for my crank, one for the supercharger so I can max it out at 3700 rpms and my normal crank pulley behind it.

I like the supercharger and turbo combos. I just wouldn't like having to remove the supercharger to do valve adjustments, add oil, bleed injectors etc etc... great combo just don't like the mount.
Just me personally.. don't take offense.
Thanks,
Deo
Yeah I was trying to find other places for it, 4BT in a Tacoma takes up most of my room to work with.

I'm not too sure if boost flexing the rotors is the problem or the heat associated with those numbers swell everything up to the point of contact.

Your setup looks awesome, I have no idea why it didn't hit me to use angle iron for my mounting base. I could have used the factory air/water cooler built into my blower.

Not really sure, I don't plan on having more then 35 psi from the turbo pushing into the supercharger.

Found a dual boost gauge, my plan is to have one measure boost from the turbo and the other measure the compounded boost from the supercharger.

Rapid Chimp Performance in Lakewood Wa. gave me a lot of help, and its coming along pretty good.

20131215_173918_zps815b21fb.jpg

20131215_173936_zps94ed16ec.jpg

20131215_173930_zps0a53287d.jpg

pretty cool project!

what are your HP goals, and do you think you'll get tired of the supercharger whine?

probably not but I don't know. the diesel is pretty loud in the truck and it don't bother me. Im sure once I have a hole in my hood its going to get louder.

All I need now is a hole in my hood and a good belt, having issues getting it routed right and the right length.

20131216_201118_zpsdf07f411.jpg

20131216_200947_zps3f171f0f.jpg

20131216_200918_zps18066e66.jpg

There's enough vacuum in the engine to spin the supercharger without a belt.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWz4z9-zcCs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWz4z9-zcCs[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qevxvy33Tzg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qevxvy33Tzg[/ame]

Back