twin help

Rreistino

cummins freak
im trying to build me a set of twins using an hx35 and a ht3b im just having trouble finding the piping i needany help would be great

Twins Twins

I am about to start mooking up a set of twins myself. Installing in a 1st gen on a 12 valver with a VE pump.Yea source auto has a lot of stuff.Sure is confusing about where to start.Example is will a 2nd gen manifold work better? Should it be wastegated right off the manifold? Will a stock manifold work or should ya use a 3 piece aftermarket?
Sorry sure hope I'm not stealing this thread.REALLY sorry if it appears that way.Like trying to start a engine when it really really cold out.There maybe a hundred ways to go about it.But there is only a few ways to do it smart and easy and the first time.

you should just find a s400 turbo, almost the same price as the ht3b but alot better with the floawage!!

I am about to start mooking up a set of twins myself. Installing in a 1st gen on a 12 valver with a VE pump.Yea source auto has a lot of stuff.Sure is confusing about where to start.Example is will a 2nd gen manifold work better? Should it be wastegated right off the manifold? Will a stock manifold work or should ya use a 3 piece aftermarket?
Sorry sure hope I'm not stealing this thread.REALLY sorry if it appears that way.Like trying to start a engine when it really really cold out.There maybe a hundred ways to go about it.But there is only a few ways to do it smart and easy and the first time.

2nd gen manifolds are the standard for all but some custom cummins conversions. Either a stock or 3-piece will work, they are interchangeable.

Most twin setups rely on a non wastegated primary and an internally wastegated secondary so you don't have to worry much about incorperating the wastegate. The puny spacers that most used are simply for manifold clearance and aren't thick enough to run an ED-style wastegate spacer. How you want to run you wastegate/s depends on the truck and how you plan to make the power.

I'm sure there are more than a hundred good ways to do it and thousands of not-so-good ways also. Good luck ;)

If you are fabricating everything yourself you can get all the bends at store.airflo.com. That is what I am doing

I would definately buy the hot pipe from source auto and I would use a 2nd gen 3 piece from ats the stock manifolds seem to have problems cracking with just the weight of stock turbo much less 2 turbos. Also there bottom turbo support with built in drain is great. The s400 can be picked up for around $600 and is a tad newer technology then a ht3b.

you should just find a s400 turbo, almost the same price as the ht3b but alot better with the floawage!!

Be careful on your comparisons. There are numerous "s400 turbos" that range in compressor size from 64mm well over 75mm. So while some of the larger s400s will outflow an HT3B, there are others that will not. It is definitely a good idea to get in the habit of listing specs on s400s when comparing.

ya i still need to get a bottom charger and i was hopping to buy all the cold pipes ready made where i can just finish them out im trying to get all my parts together to do a rebuild and just do this while im at so far the plans consist of new rod and main bearings rings and oil pump hamilton big stick cam 110lb springs and push rods cr tappets arp studs ats 3pc and some small twins

ok I talked to this guy i work with and he can do some of the best tig welding i have ever seen and he said he would weld all my cold pipes for free so dose any one have a list of all the bends and size pices and fittings i need to hook an hx35 to a ht3b

Back