Twin set up questions

blackcloudCTD95

I've come to realize a big single isn't very street friendly lol and I've been looking into twin set ups. I'm not shooting for 7-800 to I'm looking to clean up some smoke and have a quick spool set up. I've always been a fan of smaller twins.

For a secondary I have in my garage a he351 .. Phat shaft 62 /71/12 or I have a hx35 . I'm having a hard time picking out a primary I've read that the 351 and the 472 is a good set up. I was looking into the sxe 369 /73/ 1.1 housing. With a 351 . kinda like the bd towing twins but bigger. Has anyone ran a sxe 369 ? I mostly street drive with the occasional tow of a smaller cc boat. 4-6k I think I read some where the 369 flows 100lb a min or 95? I forget

I'd rather not change the fueling. ( 5x14. 191's and a 425cc pump) if needed I can go back to 181's. For smoke control.

Thank you for the input

Might check with Todd at Power driven diesel, they built a he351/sx-e369 compound setup for a guy. Not sure if they've heard back on how it running though. That is what I've been thinking for my truck though.

I like the idea of the 351/s369 setup. Would be limited on what you can do if you ever wanted to upgrade tho. With an s400 frame you'd leave yourself open for options.

I'm running super b single over box 475 for the same reasons. Everybody said go at least 62... But these spool lighting fast, and still has 14 cm housing so I feel better about drive pressure. DD at 650+. Very little smoke, and only for half a second when I stab it.

Of the turbos you currently have, id say the 351 would do what you want for a secondary. Just be careful with the DP !

Local guy has a 351/s475 setup he's ran for years. Uses the truck everyday. He tows and does sled pull with it. Fast spooling setup and dirt cheap. He's truck makes 600 on a stock internal 12 v with 400k on the clock.

Local guy has a 351/s475 setup he's ran for years. Uses the truck everyday. He tows and does sled pull with it. Fast spooling setup and dirt cheap. He's truck makes 600 on a stock internal 12 v with 400k on the clock.

Thats what i have and i cant imagine going any smaller.

I figured hogging out the factory gate on the 351 to I believe 7/8ths and of that doesn't help I'd run a external gate.

The sxe 369 flows more # per min then the 72. From what I read. Its sortive like the bd towing twins they use a 58mm or a 66mm .. Their 66 is a 66/80/.91

I've never drove a twin 12v before how is it? I rode in one but never drove one. My shop truck has a 366 as the secondart and a 480 as a primary but that's a 6.4 different animal

The cold side flows more on the 369 but we haven't gotten updated data yet from borg on what the hot side flows, not that I've seen any way.

I did speak to Todd today. He's very knolagble and friendly . he said the 351 and s369 would be a killer set up
They actually run a k25 ( I believe that's what he said) as a secondary (58mm) with the 369/73/1.0 they have had good luck with them. As far as hp goes your not shooting for the moon but it will suport 600.

When I was running my 341 (briefly) I bored the WG port to 1", and could have gone another 1/16" and still been under the puck.

Last edited:
Did it help out much? Damn my brother is looking into a 351 over a 475 on his cr... So I may just buy the kit from Todd with the k27.. Our deal was a 351 and 300$ for a sxe 64.5

Can't say how much it helped, cause I never ran it compounded without the WG bored out... But I sure wouldn't recommend running one with the WG in stock form. That 9cm housing would generate a heck of a lot of DP.

I spoke with some on from crazy carals Turbo. They weren't to fond of running a 351 on a 12v . they say 12vs are ment to have the hx35. Nor did they like the idea for a 300 frame for a primary... I guess they can't help me with the piping kit.

I am looking to do this as well. Been thinking a super b with a box 475 would be awesome

I am looking to do this as well. Been thinking a super b with a box 475 would be awesome

I'd want a smaller turbine wheel and housing for a street/towing setup personally. GT4202 is always an option that people tend to forget about.

I'd want a smaller turbine wheel and housing for a street/towing setup personally. GT4202 is always an option that people tend to forget about.

What application are those from? I should not have said box. I have a 75/83/1.1 Ircc that needs rebuilt that I will use

Back