Twin turbo BD 66mm with S488 Project

Foster#17

What do you guys think about a 66mm with an s488? Ive been reading up and alot of guys seem to like the setup? I have been searching for a borg warner S488 turbo everywhere but cant manage to find one??? Does it have to be like special ordered or something??

I would suspect you're looking for a S588, you'll have a lot more luck finding one.

What do you guys think about a 66mm with an s488? Ive been reading up and alot of guys seem to like the setup? I have been searching for a borg warner S488 turbo everywhere but cant manage to find one??? Does it have to be like special ordered or something??

Weston is who you want to call about that. Site sponcer who goes by Smokem on here.

Better off getting ahold of him and he will build you want you need.

http://www.infiniteperf.com

I have ran the ole 366/488 compounds for a long time on a few different motor builds. To this day I still run a set on my daily with an external gate setup. Spools crazy fast and makes clean hp. There are a few 88mm wheels and covers out there built on S400 frame turbos that don't flow anymore then a cast 480. Choose your turbo build wisely and don't spend a fortune on it for what it is. Weston will set you up.

You need this

image_zpsrakpa6tp.jpg

Weston is who you want to call about that. Site sponcer who goes by Smokem on here.

Better off getting ahold of him and he will build you want you need.

http://www.infiniteperf.com

I have ran the ole 366/488 compounds for a long time on a few different motor builds. To this day I still run a set on my daily with an external gate setup. Spools crazy fast and makes clean hp. There are a few 88mm wheels and covers out there built on S400 frame turbos that don't flow anymore then a cast 480. Choose your turbo build wisely and don't spend a fortune on it for what it is. Weston will set you up.
Do you think an s480 would work good as well? there seems to be more options

IMO go S588 or an S591. Both are currently in the for sale section. Dieselhead's S588 would work well & the price is right.

That combo if sized correctly will give you that plus more with supporting mods and tuning. I highly recommend a good quality external gate setup to control drive pressure while hitting that primary harder up top. Make sure the gate is divided all the way up and contacts the wastegate valve surface to keep the pulse's from mixing while closed. Your current charger in your sig will not have enough gate up top to relieve a 1K hp of drive pressure or drive the primary hard enough.

I make all my references from built 6.7 based engine swaps. I see you have a 2004 5.9 with a stock bottom end at 300k miles? I would be careful with those rods you have in there. Plan for a 6.7 swap with some billet rods and you will have a blast on towing and racing with the same combo.

I don't think Forced Inductions is around any more. I gave up calling after 6 months. Give Weston a shout.

I don't think Forced Inductions is around any more. I gave up calling after 6 months. Give Weston a shout.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, their number is 1(256)-796-1230 and I've never had trouble getting a hold of them.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, their number is 1(256)-796-1230 and I've never had trouble getting a hold of them.

Is it the "I don't think they are around any more", or the "I gave up calling after 6 months" part that you aren't sure of? I did a favor for Jose, he made promises he didn't keep, then stopped answering the phone. They can kiss my ass.
RonA

Is it the "I don't think they are around any more", or the "I gave up calling after 6 months" part that you aren't sure of? I did a favor for Jose, he made promises he didn't keep, then stopped answering the phone. They can kiss my ass.
RonA

Then just be honest, they're clearly not out of business and are quite easy to get ahold of. I get it, you have a problem with Jose and don't recommend him. Why not just say that?

Then just be honest, they're clearly not out of business and are quite easy to get ahold of. I get it, you have a problem with Jose and don't recommend him. Why not just say that?

When a company doesn't answer the phone or return calls after several dozen attempts, I assume they are no longer in business. Look at when the last activity was on the FI vendor section. It was before that when i gave up trying to contact them.

Your statement is less heard than Ron's. I've heard a slightly more biased toward they are really slacking than being easy to get ahold of and being a good company.
Weston is your better bet if you ask me from Internet research.

Back