Twin turbos question

RafterN

I'm thinking about putting twins on my truck an I want to hear what y'all have to say about an hx35 over an s472 setup

I personally would at least put an hx40 on top. That would work much better.

On the project truck I was building I was goin to try running an aurora 3000 over an s482 with a 1:10 a/r I think it would have made huge boost numbers.

I personally would at least put an hx40 on top. That would work much better.

Well money is tight right now an I can get an s472 for a cheap price an I already have an hx35 so that's why I'm wanting to do it that way

I ran 60psi with twins on a retorque, no problems. Just let the engine come up to temp before beating on it.

You can get a 475 for 5-600 new. It spools plenty fast and will cool more when you lay into it. sourceautomotive.biz has pieces to put a kit together.

If you're really creative, you can build the inter stage pipe and charge pipe with mandrel bends and silicone couplers. I admit that welding is a more permanent solution for a daily driver/reliable tow rig but if you keep pressure reasonable, silicone couplers will work.

If you're really creative, you can build the inter stage pipe and charge pipe with mandrel bends and silicone couplers. I admit that welding is a more permanent solution for a daily driver/reliable tow rig but if you keep pressure reasonable, silicone couplers will work.

what he said and i turned my downpipe into a hot pipe so there is another way you can save a few bucks.

edit: with the hx35 you prob dont have an hx40 downpipe... but if you can get your hands on one for cheap and pick up up a t6 flange you can make a hot pipe for cheap

Last edited:
Back