Twins On A Budget?

brockw08

12 too many valves...
What's a good setup? Which turbos will give me the most bang for my hard-earned dollar? What kinds of boost can I generate?

hx35 or hx40 or s300 and an ht3b or s400. Depends on how much you tow and what your planning on doing with the truck on which housings to go with. If you tow heavy then and hx35 would be nice, but a s300 or an hx40 would still be fine, it just depends on what your towing.

I'm sure the turbo guru's will chime in shortly to steer you in the right direction.

So if you used a small S300 or some variant of the HX35.. what would you do with the S400 to keep max boost down around the 55 psi level and spool up quick like a small set of twins?

An hx35, hx40 over an ht3b would be the cheapest. I saw a ht3b on ebay brand new go for 225 on ebay 2 weeks ago. But its not a setup i would run.

How about something like this? HX35/40 over a B2. Would make an excellent towing setup with the right injectors...

DSC07344.jpg

DSC07347.jpg

Jesse you selling your twins?

I agree hx35 over HT3B. It has been used for years and can be put together for a reasonable price since you only have to buy one turbo if yours is good.

HY would choke it. The hy just ain't good for anything.

Is there anything that you can put below an HY that the HY wouldn't choke? With a big external wastegate, of course.

They sure are hard to find for not being good for anything. :bang

budget twins? does that exist? after the hours of fitting and installing, then tuning and the intitial cost, it just don't add up IMO. Been there done that. used to own PDR towing twins. HX35/HT3B

for under 700 on fuel, i don't see twins as cost effective. They do have their place over 700 IMO since its hard to do that well with a single.

I'm getting ready to use my HX40 with a HT-60....I'll let you know how that turns out. I got the HT-60 for $180.

Phil your the only person I know of who had a really big pain in the rear tuning those twins. I remember the threads. Most I know with twins seem to do alright with them.

budget twins? does that exist? after the hours of fitting and installing, then tuning and the intitial cost, it just don't add up IMO. Been there done that. used to own PDR towing twins. HX35/HT3B

for under 700 on fuel, i don't see twins as cost effective. They do have their place over 700 IMO since its hard to do that well with a single.

Depends on your budget the change to twins cost me around 500. for the primary and piping clamps and hoses home made but rant they all.I built a turbo sheild for the top and insalled it hears a pic of it.

Attachments

• truck rebuild 083.jpg
    truck rebuild 083.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 219
  • truck rebuild 144.jpg
    truck rebuild 144.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 175
Depends on your budget the change to twins cost me around 500. for the primary and piping clamps and hoses home made but rant they all.I built a turbo sheild for the top and insalled it hears a pic of it.
GREAT looking setup! What are you using for the bottom turbo?

On the hx 35 over ht3b setups what ex housing would be ideal ??

Towing heavy shooting for 450-500 usuable hp. 5sp tranny..

Would a 12 choke it or would you size the housing the same as if you were running it as a single ??

Ideally a 26 cm on the 3b housing . But I would upgrade to a 14cm housing on top with a 3'' hot pipe. Then maybe upgrade the HX to a 60mm from HTT.

Im currently running a s300 ( htt htbg )with a 14 as a single and was planning on keeping it as the top turbo. I have been told that the 4" downpipe/ hotpipe will hurt me in a twin setup ??? Would I be better off selling the s-300 and using a standard HX35 or the hybrid 35/40 so I could use a 3" hotpipe when I switch to twins ???

Back