twins piping size?

Anyone ever tried a primary turbo with a v band exhaust inlet? Or do they not go large enough? It seams this would be ideal for twins

V-band for primary turbine housings? - CompD

Bullseye Power makes some stainless v-band housings for s300 and s400 turbos. They also use them on their 1000 HP triple turbo truck they sponsor. Bullseye Power Turbos Anyone who sells Bullseye stuff should be able to get you some.

I'd love to hear more opinions or experiences about them though, my other thread didn't get much response.

Last edited:
I've got a Tial stainless V-band housing on my GTX4202. It was a beautiful thing to fab with, but I'm not sure the flow is there. Granted, mine is a 1.01 A/R, and the T4 housing I had was a 1.28, but the size difference was very large. Not sure if that translates into tighter volume inside (if compared to a 1.01 T4 or T6 housing). I'm going to be revamping my setup and going to T6 housing on it to see if there is much of a difference.

I've got a Tial stainless V-band housing on my GTX4202. It was a beautiful thing to fab with, but I'm not sure the flow is there. Granted, mine is a 1.01 A/R, and the T4 housing I had was a 1.28, but the size difference was very large. Not sure if that translates into tighter volume inside (if compared to a 1.01 T4 or T6 housing). I'm going to be revamping my setup and going to T6 housing on it to see if there is much of a difference.

Interested in your results tate

so slowly getting everything ordered, and cant decide if i should use the the 3pc manifold i have and plumb a egate to it, or go the steed speed route with the port already in it. and about what size gate should i be thinking about 40,50,? should i use two gates? the truck will only see a max of 3800rpms, goal is mid 10's on fuel only high 9's with spray.

so slowly getting everything ordered, and cant decide if i should use the the 3pc manifold i have and plumb a egate to it, or go the steed speed route with the port already in it. and about what size gate should i be thinking about 40,50,? should i use two gates? the truck will only see a max of 3800rpms, goal is mid 10's on fuel only high 9's with spray.

im still learning here also so take my thoughts with that in mind, but i think if your wanting to spray it it would be a good idea to have both turbos externaly gated?. i also think if your going for 9's you'll want jsut about every horse you can so the steed speed stainless might help you some their

your running a T4 flange on your BIG turbo? how is bp? i got a 75mm t4 i wanted to use in twins but didnt dare with it being t4......

Id go with the steed with dual gates if your gonna spray.

your running a T4 flange on your BIG turbo? how is bp? i got a 75mm t4 i wanted to use in twins but didnt dare with it being t4......

My GT4202R came with a T4 housing. I've never ran it, I traded it for a 1.01 T6 W/G housing. Only housing I've run in my twin setup is the Tial V-band housing, as I won't want to redo the hot-pipe just for a housing swap. Mike Holmen ran my old 1.28 T4 housing on a JB GT4202 with a GT3582R, apparently it was a very responsive setup. I'll be going to a GT3582R over my GTX4202 with either a 1.01 or 1.28 T6 w/g housing for my next set of twins. My GT37R/GT42R will be retired to my bronco.

I thought it would be a good idea with the speed manifold dual gates, who sells a decent gate? Ed wants an arm and a leg for one so that's out

Turbosmart are priced very competatively.

I would run the steed over any 3 piece. These manifolds are tanks and the gate options are unbeatable.

thanks nick! I'll look into them. what size do you guy think i will need? will i need bigger then the spring it comes with?

Last edited:
Back