Twins question

KingS

Ok guys I'm building twins for my truck just a set of so called towing twins my HX35 and a HT3B what I need to know is what all needs to be done to the hx35 I know the divider in the exhaust housing has to come out to allow all 6 cylinders to waste gate what else I have heard somthing about wastegate change and then somthing about modifying the oil passage for lubing the bearing.

Plus any other helpful info would be apprecitated I know its not a big set but it will be good for now and later this year I can go super 40 or bigger on top.

any one chime in on this please I'm getting everything around to do this setup and need to know exactly what I have to do so I can once I start to build the setup I can go from begining to end without having to stop and go ok what next. Or why didn't any one tell me that before I put them on.

Thanks again guys for info you our all great.

Its hard to explain everything w/o typing for days, my suggestion is to find someone local to look at, or source automotive has a complete picture of there kit on there website you may want to look at www.sourceautomotive.biz

I have a guys that can make me everything I need he did his and it looks sweet but what I want to know it what all has to be done to the stock hx 35 when useing it for a small starter twin setup.

Plug the waste gate or get a 16 cm none wastegated exhaust houseing. But I would first O-Ring your head before your blown a head gasket.

Cutting the divider will help. I ran around with a 12cm 35/40 and a ht3b with no problems until I blew my headgasket. I run an external wastegate now....

I have fire rings and 14mm head studs in the truck now I just never put it in the sig yet I fix that

I build custom compounds for a living. Depending on how much power you are planing to make or what the usage of the truck is make a difference in the high pressure turbo set up. Anything over 500 rwhp I would recomend a 14cm turbine housing. The waste gate needs to be enlarged . A divorced waste gate tube in the hot pipe is a must.Opening up the turbine inlet is a nice touch I would not worry so much about getting rid of the divider because you will have to run a half inch spacer under your top turbo to clear the exhaust manifold.I would also ad another boost gauge at least to monitor intermediate boost levels. This is a must for properly setting the waste gate on the high pressure turbo and keeping the drive pressures under control. I also go one step further with the porting of the turbine housing the high pressure turbo which changes the way the exhaust comes into the turbine wheel. This helps with spool up. I dont worry to much about oiling the holsets are a very tough turbo.I hope this helps good luck.

thanks for info so far guys and as for use it will be some draging and my daily driver that I hope once turbo's are on and I dyno it it 550 to 600hp but right now I have other issues I have to deal with which I posted and it is eating into my turbo money quick.

back up on top.

anyone have any info or advice on using a s300/s400 combo? the sourceautomotive guys seem to prefer this combo.

not sure what you are looking to here but it is a great setup I know a guy who has that setup on a 94 with almost they same setup as my truck except the fuel plate and he runs 12.2 and dynoed 608hp with just the before twins with just the single he dynoed 500hp and ran 12.9 and it burn all his fuel up on the strip so it works great. He got his component from source and power by poole to put it together.

Back