Twins Set up HELP!!!!

Mine are not typical of any twins setup, but regardless I had to remove the heat exchanger. Get some high pressure hose to bypass the heat exchanger lines (since you have to cut them) and flare each end. Then double hose clamp each side.

I used one clamp on each end the first time and while on my way home late one night the hose came loose and I lost 10 quarts of atf. Luckily I knew what happened and shut 'er down before any damage was done. Needless to say that was an expensive stupid mistake on my part. Amsoil atf ain't cheap.

These are the most recent pics. Your probably not going about twins this route, but hey, you asked for pics. Hope you like them.

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0209-1.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

Thank you SNOOT!:bow:

Whats the primary? It looks an awful lot like my 4202, minus the BB CHRA.

you can also relocate it .... mine is under my rad

relocate what? I need a Vband flange and clamp for compressor outlet. I didnt know that wasn't the norm on a 3b when i bought the piping. Which i found out is also missing hte inner cooler extention. I'm a little ok lot pissed at DJK on here for the inner cooler pipe thing

you didnt y your oil drains together did you? i have heard not to do that, what year is your truck? if its not a newer block with a second oil drain i would put a hole in the side of the oil pan with a threaded fitting. source automotive has either fitting as well as the correct hose.

relocate what? I need a Vband flange and clamp for compressor outlet. I didnt know that wasn't the norm on a 3b when i bought the piping. Which i found out is also missing hte inner cooler extention. I'm a little ok lot pissed at DJK on here for the inner cooler pipe thing

Just a pet peeve here, but its intercooler, not inner cooler. And technically, thats not even correct, since its really an aftercooler.

I always thought it was intercooler because it's between the turbo and the intake? How does a true intercooler function then?

Intercoolers are between stages, aftercoolers are after the final stage.

Just a pet peeve here, but its intercooler, not inner cooler. And technically, thats not even correct, since its really an aftercooler.

LOL good catch Tate i didn't even relize i was doing that.

Cummins called it a intercooler, and when it is installed in the intake manifold they call it a aftercooler. Come to think of it Cat does it the same way. So who should I call the authority the engineer's that design the engines or you?

sorry...relocate the heat exchanger

Back