Twins

shiftycapone

wandering the desert
Tossing the idea around of twins for the 1st gen. Will have a set of 7x.010's from Weston, have a 518 with built converter and deep pan waiting to go in, piston lift pump with regulator already instsalled, intercooler waiting installation, home ground pin, 366 spring, full power screw adjusted, and hx35 in the stock 18.5 housing. The truck runs great, but with the intercooler, good converter, and injectors I plan on making a lil more power from it. I drive it daily and it will tow my go fast truck, figure 10k max with the trailer. I have an ht3b 26cm in my garage, so thats going to be the primary. For secondary choices I have come up with the following:

1)hx35, I have a heavily ported 12cm housing along with a spacer plate to allow for full gate travel when lifting the puck off the seat, along with the 18.5 housing.

2) Super hx40, 16cm turbine housing. Thought this would make a good single as well.

3) Edge BB jammer turbo, external gate if needed.

4)s300g, or an s300g from a cat 3126, already have a .8 t3 gated housing for one.

Obviously price wise the 35 would be cheapest, as I own one already. I ran this same setup on my 24v and it rocked, only difference was the 14cm I ran on the 35. I can still open up the inner scroll on the 12cm if anyone thinks it will become a restrction. Looking for a good, cool running 350-400, or whatever is possible with said setup. Lets hear thoughts, although first hand experience is always my favorite.

Id go with the fastest liting charger you can, the hx35 with a 12cm housing. Its proven to make 500+(in twins) on a vp truck so i dont see how it would be a restriction on a 400hp ve truck, and just like a vp truck you want to start making power asap in the rpm range. For the 3b i would think maybe even a little tighter exhaust housing wouldnt hurt.

I was going to do a small set of twins on my 1st gen but lost interest...

Id go with the fastest liting charger you can, the hx35 with a 12cm housing. Its proven to make 500+(in twins) on a vp truck so i dont see how it would be a restriction on a 400hp ve truck, and just like a vp truck you want to start making power asap in the rpm range. For the 3b i would think maybe even a little tighter exhaust housing wouldnt hurt.

I was going to do a small set of twins on my 1st gen but lost interest...

Thats what I was thinking, as most anything will be happening below 3k rpm. And with the enlarged wastegate and porting I dont think the 12cm would become much of a restriction.

on my old 94 p pump truck i made my own twins with a super hx40 and a s474 with 26cm housing. i had 4ks an pump turned up with full cut dvs an 90 horse injectors. i know the pumps are different an little different set up but on street at 1900 rpms roughly it was starting to spool the primary charger and by 23-2400 it was spooling hard. the super 40 was wastegated at 20psi and had the 16cm rear housing and i loved. dont know if this helps but thought i would tell you.

on my old 94 p pump truck i made my own twins with a super hx40 and a s474 with 26cm housing. i had 4ks an pump turned up with full cut dvs an 90 horse injectors. i know the pumps are different an little different set up but on street at 1900 rpms roughly it was starting to spool the primary charger and by 23-2400 it was spooling hard. the super 40 was wastegated at 20psi and had the 16cm rear housing and i loved. dont know if this helps but thought i would tell you.

Thank you for your experience. The ported 12cm I have is looking better the more I think about it. A nice super 40 would make a good single, but the 35/3b setup is in my posession. I want these things spooling as fast as possible.

yea i believe that would be a good setup for what you want and like you said, you already have ithem which helps lol

Back