Twisted my driveshaft

That was a good looking hook for sure....I talked to you a little at the sign-in table picking up the 2nd place check with Marcus. Good luck this weekend!

Lavon

Thanks. That was the best hook I've had this year, I'm finally getting the new turbo figured out and found the right balance of traction and power for once. I'll be taking my usual beating this weekend, COTPC pulls are a little over my budget to do well in.

Here are the pictures

Attachments

• P1020815.JPG
    P1020815.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 0
  • P1020821.JPG
    P1020821.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 0
  • P1020822.JPG
    P1020822.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 0
  • P1020825.JPG
    P1020825.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 0
It was stock, Regular cab longbeds and Ext. cab shortbeds have steel, older crew cab short beds and all ext. cab long beds have aluminum. Crew cab long beds have a 2 piece steel. I'm sure you probably didn't want to know all of that but there you go. And of course I had the steel which is supposed to be better; just my luck I guess.

Last edited:
maybe it is the newer crew cab shortbeds that have aluminum and the older ones were 2 piece then. My friend has an 02 crew cab shortbed and it is aluminum

It was stock, Regular cab longbeds and Ext. cab shortbeds have steel, older crew cab short beds and all ext. cab long beds have aluminum. Crew cab long beds have a 2 piece steel. I'm sure you probably didn't want to know all of that but there you go. And of course I had the steel which is supposed to be better; just my luck I guess.

Ive always heard the opposite. The aluminum shafts are supposed to flex just a little and absorb some of the energy. Doesnt matter I guess, they can all break. You going to put an ADM shaft in it instead of stock?

I'm having one built at Greensburg Machine, it is supposed to be here Friday and I hope to test it out on Saturday. I was supposed to have 4 pulls this week, sucks being broke down but at least I can get caught up around the house a little bit.

Back