two questions, concerning fuel and boost

dennhop

It looks like ill be getting a new 12v here in a week or so. It's setup with twins, and a whole bunch of other goodies...it hasn't been on the dyno yet, but I'm guessing due to the setup, its at least running around 700 HP. (i know, I know, everyone says that, but here's a few of the mods it has: bored 40 over, mahle pistons, Hamilton street cam, 60 lb valve springs, 4k gsk, piers twin turbos, s300 over ht3b, 140 ddp injectors, pump tuned and built by haisley, and a few more things I'm forgetting) . I'm wondering two things. I'd like to run a second boost gauge, between the primary and secondary turbos, but I don't know how and where is set that up. The other question I had was its got an Airdog 150 on it, single feed to the ppump. With it being a dd street truck, would there be any advantage to modifying the pump to run a dual feed to it?

the interstage boost gauge your talking about would go on the cold piping that runs from the big turbo to the little one. Pretty simple, have fun with your new truck!

Third that, dyno's are excellent tools, they can tell you if anything is wrong and give you an excellent base. Just make sure to continue to use the same one, because dynos lie, trap speeds don't. They all read different because whp can not be measured, just calculated.

Thanks for your time,
DK

dyno first then go from there, a while back i thought mine was north of 600rwhp straped it on the rollers and only put down 410 with 5x.014 s300 over ht3b cam...ect same as you. found out it only had 10psi fuel at wot. so I say dyno it first, have fun!

sounds good...Once I get it, and find some time, I'm going to try to get it dyno'd, and then go from there, and figure out just where I'm at. Thanks!

Back