Type of lifts for fiberglass bodies.

wilddiesel

What are pro mod pullers doing to lift there steel or fiberglass bodies up? Any picture of their setups? How about frame work to hold fiberglass bodies together.

Here are some pics of how mine is mounted. I got the aluminum cylinders from autohaulersupply.com

009.jpg

086.jpg

088.jpg

126.jpg

127.jpg

136.jpg

I wonder where you got those concrete truck parts from... ;)
02-03-09_2011.jpg

03-05-09_1548.jpg

:evil I wouldn't know.

All kidding asside the pump had a bad releaf valve in it and they told me to just replace that was back in 95 when I was turning wrench's for them same with the ram.those are the last useable parts I had left. I used to scavenge any thing that was replaced.

Dale

Chris you make me so juelus I would love to have a shop like yours.Then we wouldn't have to rush to get our prodjects done in a hurry.My one car garage looks like a out out house to your shop.:bow:My sonilaw would be in heaven with your paint booth.

Dale

I think someone needs to give us a update on there project and when we are going to see it in action?

The pump and the ram are off of a concrete truck they are used to lift the shute's up.The 12volt pump is a Manark, and the ram cam from a MTM mixer.Y

Dale

Dale shops for pulling parts at night...with a flashlight.....:hehe:

Dale did you ever get to make a pass down the track under power, not hooked to the Suzuki

it's definitely looking good Chris. And Dale, you got nothing to be ashamed of. THe fact that yours is what is and came from a one-car garage is all that more amazing IMO.

Both are super impressive in their own rights.

C-ya

Hay you guy's promised you wouldn't say anything about my shopping hours.And who gets a lunch break:kick:

Dale

Dale did you ever get to make a pass down the track under power, not hooked to the Suzuki

No we never did get to make a pass sorry guy's we tried but we didn't get her ironed out good enough..

Thanks Mitch my shop gets pretty cramped some time.JFlag know what it looks like.

Dale

Just pulling this back up from a few months ago.

Just curious Chriss if you have any idea how much weight you have there with all the internal frame work, rams and hydrolics dealing with the tilt body?

RyanB

Back