U joint Shield Mount Pics

06RAMCTD

Does any one have any good pics for U-joint shield mounting on a 3rd gen?
I would prefer not to weld. I searched the thread, and found some pics, but was wondering if anyone had any better ideas.

Thanks!

IMG_0687.jpg
IMG_0686.jpg
IMG_0671.jpg

I cut up some aluminum co2 tanks from a soda system. They work perfect.

how about some pics of a u jiont shield at the transfer case,front drive shaft on a 2nd gen. is this even possable??

here's some pic's of mine. U-Joint sheilds plus the rear drive shaft loop, I havent got a loop made for the front yet but its in the works.

Attachments

• IMG_2810.jpg
    IMG_2810.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2812.jpg
    IMG_2812.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2814.jpg
    IMG_2814.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 100
how about some pics of a u jiont shield at the transfer case,front drive shaft on a 2nd gen. is this even possable??

94-97 are tricky, really tricky if you do away with the CV joint. I had to plasma a clearance slot for the shifter. It still is very tight.

Split the ujoint shield when you make it so the bottom half unbolts. that way you can drop the bottom half then drop the driveshaft.

Thanks Guys Just what I was looking for! I have a piece of 8" dia well case I split and made flanges for, but I was looking for mounting options. I appreciate the pics!

For my 2 at the pumpkins i used 4, 3/4 bolts like set screws drilled and tapped threw my shield, then made 4 divets in the pinion snout on the diff housing( just drilled a tiny bit so the 3/4 bolts wouldnt walk off and let the shield slide). Run them down tight and i have a nut and lock washer inside the shield to snug the bolt up to the shield so it dont loosen. Then my other 2 i fabbed brackets up to the bed cross members. I didnt put on in the front transfer case u joint yet cause of the limited space. Ill toy with that this year. If i can remeber to take the camera to the garage ill snap a few while im puting the new one piece rear shaft in tonight.

Here's a pic of mine. Similar to the others with a brace on top and quick pins at the connection point of the shield itself. It mounts to the webbing on the axle that runs along side the pinion. You can see part of my drive shaft loop in the right hand side of the photo. I used a chain and welded the links together. I've gotten a few strange looks from it when getting teched, but its solid.

Attachments

• U-joint Shield.jpg
    U-joint Shield.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 73
Here are some pics on my 2nd gen. 6 inch round 1/4 wall

Front diff
thdriveshaftloops001.jpg

thdriveshaftloops002.jpg

Front drive shaft at transfer case.
thdriveshaftloops007.jpg

thdriveshaftloops008.jpg

Here is my rear drive shaft at the transfer case.
thdriveshaftloops015.jpg

thdriveshaftloops021.jpg

thdriveshaftloops024.jpg

Here is the rear drive shaft at the center carrier bearing.
thdriveshaftloops025.jpg

thdriveshaftloops027.jpg

thdriveshaftloops028.jpg

thdriveshaftloops030.jpg

Back