Ucc 2017

For old time sake!
watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYJSVk31Ldg

Firepunk aside, the real impressive trucks were Rose, Minter and Harris, pretty much drag racing guys. Minter had never hooked to a sled in his life, and his drag truck did incredibly well. Rose was the only truck that preformed in the second pull even close to what it did in the first pull on a much tighter track.

Good event for sure, tough to watch being it too so long. Hopefully next year if they do another live feed and they get the bugs worked out. The sound sucked so I muted it, but it was a blessing not to have to listen to those announcers, god they were terrible.

I don't know is anyone else saw, but between ticket sales and the Facebook or YouTube feeds.... UCC barely had over 1k people watching! Which frankly is a massive fail and not even a drop in the bucket for market presence or demographic appeal to the masses!

it couldn't be the abysmal feed that prevented people from watching, right?

They day presale tickets ended there were 6900 tickets sold. L

DPC mag isn't a good indicator unless we know subscribers. Just because they print 200k doesn't mean they sell it.

I'm sure the vendors hated how many people didn't show up. That's why FireWire ran out of a ton of LED headlights.

Compared to NHRDA events, this one blew them out of the water.

You act like you have a pulse on the industry but you don't.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

What kills diesel drag racing events are the oil downs. If they charged the competitors for the clean up I'd bet there would be a lot less of them. NHRDA is dying a slow death, almost no trucks in the fast classes, and watching 50 daily drivers go down the track in 15 seconds is just about like watching paint dry, that plus the fact that they don't pay very well.

My small hometown 1/8 track pays better. and they race at least 4 days a month. But it is non profit.

Last edited:
it couldn't be the abysmal feed that prevented people from watching, right?

They day presale tickets ended there were 6900 tickets sold. L

DPC mag isn't a good indicator unless we know subscribers. Just because they print 200k doesn't mean they sell it.

I'm sure the vendors hated how many people didn't show up. That's why FireWire ran out of a ton of LED headlights.

Compared to NHRDA events, this one blew them out of the water.

You act like you have a pulse on the industry but you don't.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

No, not pulse at all! I understand the business side and that's what counts because time slips, dyno graphs, and xxx amount of feet can't be deposited into a bank acct!

You have to remember competition ready builds are a minimal side to the market. Firepunk would definitely fall in the specialty shop category and kudos to them. There's numerous very reputable shops that could be players in these events if that was their market focus, but understanding your avg consumer is key!

NHRDA..... as stated prior, has been on a persistent downward spiral since the heyday of bulldog and banks.

And who the phuck cares about LEDs!?! Prime example of how the industry went array!

Last edited:
You have to remember competition ready builds are a minimal side to the market. Firepunk would definitely fall in the specialty shop category and kudos to them. There's numerous very reputable shops that could be players in these events if that was their market focus, but understanding your avg consumer is key!

What makes you say this?

You know, cause they don't sell tuning, hard parts, or build transmissions for the average consumer. Definitely a niche market they're going after.

Tried to facebook messenger call Lavon at 930pm the other night, guy is in such a niche market he ignored my call. Won't even sell to the little guy anymore.

What makes you say this?

Because he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about (reference: every post in this thread).

You know, cause they don't sell tuning, hard parts, or build transmissions for the average consumer. Definitely a niche market they're going after.

Not sure he'd know if he did have a clue, but he'd damn sure enjoy hearing the sound of his keyboard.

Tried to facebook messenger call Lavon at 930pm the other night, guy is in such a niche market he ignored my call. Won't even sell to the little guy anymore.

Holy crap the cheer squad completely missed the point!

Marketing 101..... identify your consumer!

Firepunk does this very well with their transmissions, compounds, larger high end parts which is awesome!

Industrial on the other hand targets the low to mid level consumer with has a higher % of sales for performance, rebuilds, and repairs.

From a brand identification standpoint II at least presents their products in a light that the consumer can easily identify with..... hell think of the "silver bullet", "dragonfire", "dueling dragons", and "dragonfly", these are all examples of branding strategy.

You may not have known the name of the shop, but you sure as hell knew the products. Just as the average person following Lavon's build won't identify his engine as a D&J work of art!...

The phucking funniest part is how there are so many interpreting marketing basics as a bash on a company.

I'm no expert, but I'd venture to say that you are wrong about FP's business makeup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not looking at chit at face value. You are the one making assumptions.

Im not looking at chit at face value. You are the one making assumptions.

No assumptions at all! Revenue doesn't lie, and I'd place a solid bet that the $20k check after taxes nets around $15k since it classifies as winnings so it has a higher taxable value which frankly probably doesn't cover a full month of operating expenses.

Reported LLC earning for Firepunk don't even scratch the surface of revenue compared to II.... but what do I know, public records must be wrong lol! Not that anyone would be stupid enough to broadcast differently!

All the time and money they spent to prepare, that little winners check was just a nice bonus. Prob just gave it to his wife.

No assumptions at all! Revenue doesn't lie, and I'd place a solid bet that the $20k check after taxes nets around $15k since it classifies as winnings so it has a higher taxable value which frankly probably doesn't cover a full month of operating expenses.

Reported LLC earning for Firepunk don't even scratch the surface of revenue compared to II.... but what do I know, public records must be wrong lol! Not that anyone would be stupid enough to broadcast differently!

Man you are dense...

I'd be willing to bet Firepunks gross vs advertising is a much smaller percentage than II. I would also bet a good portion of II's income is whole sale. Just because your gross is up there doesn't mean you're making money.

Also, more people identify with the truck owners more so than the shop that built them. It wasn't Firepunk vs II, it was Lavon vs Baca. Baca made 2400hp, not II. One thing Lavon has on Baca/II is he's the owner of the shop, he is a reachable person, he is very helpful. Go ahead and tag Baca in a thread about tuning, transmissions, or building a 1000hp truck. Lavon gets tagged way more than he should. The only other people I see being tagged in those same posts have nothing to do with II.

Again, you think you have a pulse on the regular crowd, you don't. What major events have you been to?

Man you are dense...

I'd be willing to bet Firepunks gross vs advertising is a much smaller percentage than II. I would also bet a good portion of II's income is whole sale. Just because your gross is up there doesn't mean you're making money.

Also, more people identify with the truck owners more so than the shop that built them. It wasn't Firepunk vs II, it was Lavon vs Baca. Baca made 2400hp, not II. One thing Lavon has on Baca/II is he's the owner of the shop, he is a reachable person, he is very helpful. Go ahead and tag Baca in a thread about tuning, transmissions, or building a 1000hp truck. Lavon gets tagged way more than he should. The only other people I see being tagged in those same posts have nothing to do with II.

Again, you think you have a pulse on the regular crowd, you don't. What major events have you been to?

Been to the nationals in Ennis more than my fair share, and enough to know the avg how that sits in the stands has less than $10k in their build and are completely content with tuner, straight pipe, and pretty led lot gauges!:woohoo:

You'd notice in this whole thing, not once have I praised BACA-BOOM! Plus I know Lavon's got his I's dotted and T's crossed. Never questioned any of that!

I'd disagree though on how the II crowd sees Baca' s truck! I mean the things got more wrap on it than a trick in the middle of Time square getting run by a train!

Back