upgrade rad or something different

engine has Marnie coated skirt malhe pistons , 5th over for coating as malhe wants , engine now has a coolant bypass , stock water pump . and a small oil cooler with fan

engine temp loaded when i am out in the hills is runs 200 loaded

Running 200 degrees towing isn't that hot, i wouldn't worry about it.

If your reaching those coolant temps I'd be curious what kind of engine oil temps your seeing. What weight oil do you use? Are you sure the coolant mix is right?

Something is not adding up here. Two years ago ended up needing my truck in a pinch and it towed 31k gross on a 95* degree day with no fan whatsoever. I was well over 500hp at the wheels at the time.

that's on flat lands. in the Canadian Rockies it hits 260 ,
attachment.php

Thread:

Griffin Radiators

Yeah something is not adding up, both Torrey and Mike have 2nd gen's that have run well over 500hp and towed huge 5th wheels without heat issues. In obviously the exact same areas of the country. The only difference I can think of is they both run aftermarket intercoolers.

Yeah something is not adding up, both Torrey and Mike have 2nd gen's that have run well over 500hp and towed huge 5th wheels without heat issues. In obviously the exact same areas of the country. The only difference I can think of is they both run aftermarket intercoolers.

Weird...what kind of boost were you seeing while towing at that power level? I know when I actually used my 500hp, I would see 45-50psi while towing.

i would love to have a griffin rad , just the cost kills me , i am going to try this set-up for the summer and see what it does , truck is basicly all new now :nail: , engine , turbo's , trany , cooling sysytem , fuel system. maybe i am driven to fast , how fast mph you guys going when your pulling , i am going to 70-75 mph maybe my heating problem is in my foot LOL

At that speed you should have plenty of flow over the radiator. Most see temps at city speed where there isn't much airflow due to the slower speeds. What coolant and at what mixture are you using? Might have too much of one and not the other.

Take note of your rpm range when towing. Let us know where you operate.

Weird...what kind of boost were you seeing while towing at that power level? I know when I actually used my 500hp, I would see 45-50psi while towing.

Torrey's peak boost was always in the mid to high 40's (single 62mm), Mike has had off the top of my head 5 different sets of twins, and probably at least as many single turbo's, the lowest peak boost I recall having seen in that truck is about 35psi and the highest over 70psi, ranging from 400hp-700hp.

But what altitude are they towing at? If i read read, he is quite a ways above sea level. Which can make quite a difference if I remember right

But what altitude are they towing at? If i read read, he is quite a ways above sea level. Which can make quite a difference if I remember right

This is true altitude is relevant to temp. I am curious to see if his rad cap might not be seating 100% as well as what the mix is...

We all live within 30min of the OP with exception to Torrey, who is a couple hours North. Exact same hiways traveled.

Back