Upgraded brakes?

Lostnwalmart

Are the ford axles still the only ones who get the upgraded disc brakes front and rear? My brain is moving faster than my wallet again LOL Also how are the ford axles holding up under powwaaaaaaaaa?

I guess which ever ones came in the 6.0's granted they never made enough powaaa to break them im sure. Im looking at front and rear....

Not yet but doubt it will help these drums much LOL trying to stop this turd is a bit sketchy some times...

Do you have the proportioning valve maxed?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

No still factory stuff plus the gm cylinder thingy. Buut thinking of making the truck 4wd so a change of axles wouldn't be a huge deal.

First swap to hydro boost and replace the stock rubber lines with SS braided line. See how that works out for you.

I swapped an 11.5 in the rear of mine, so I have disk brakes with SSBC rotors and pads. Put bigger calipers in the front along with some cheap drilled and slotted rotors for now. Wont push through the brakes but will also be swapping a 9.25 aam up front to match the rear and put the SSBC triple piston calipers and pads up front.

just disk brake your rear in the truck! I just finished up the swap and dont really know how i drove it without them! night and day difference...

Try doing it Cheap and see if you like it first.
I have found ( in previous cars)
Starting with good clean fluid
Stainless lines all around
Rear disks
Hydroboost
Quality rotors front and rear ( not always an option)
Hawk hps ( or racier) pads all around

This with a well set up proportioning valve will put your tires at traction limit or beyond when stopping.
You cant just mash on brakes at speed either. Pulse them on and off if you have the room, it doesnt heat the rotors so much and reduces fade later. Ask riv about how my colt used to stop...

looks like Ill be getting a 11.5 rear, hydro boost and stainless lines to start (probably go for a 3.42 gear also) then look into some nicer front calipers for what I have. I never mash on the brakes and hope for the best but when this thing is going 130 mph stopping becomes a priority LOL

Decent pads on almost any rotor makes all the difference in the world.
That colt crackerman had, we faded the stock "upgraded gt" brakes as we came up on a cop fast.
everything he listed above made that car stand on it's nose, without fading at all..

the fords with the super 60 have large front brakes, not sure what caliper but it looks like quite a few pistons

My super60 is 4 piston. But the rotors are gigantic. Much larger than any 1 ton truck. That's why you cannot fit a rim smaller than 19.5" on the calipers. The rear D110 has 13" disks IIRC.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Got some pics if you want a look at super60 and D110 disks. Keep in mind perspective is going to be distorted because they are inside 24" rims. Maybe I should have put a popcan in there for reference or something....... Anyways if you could graft them to your gear, you'd really have some serious stopping power. With the right master of course.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371572486959.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371572486959.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1371572525466.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371572525466.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back