Upward pointing exhaust?

Runninlean

Say When racing
Has been alot of talk about upward pointing exhaust and if it is going to be enforced for every one at all events. I have yet to see anyone from NHRDA directly adress this question. :rules:

Are all vehicles required to be equiped with upward pointing exhausts? If not what Classes are required to have it?

Thanks in advance!

Yeah I was in that thread but no one from NHRDA officialy made a call.

Thanks for the clarification! See you next week.

Yeah I was in that thread but no one from NHRDA officialy made a call.

Thanks for the clarification! See you next week.

Re-read the post from DieselHardware in the above thread. Straight from Randy was your answer.

pbft - I was simply looking for some one from NHRDA to directly answer the question for all the people that still had concerns. I think it just sets people more at ease knowing a actual rep. answers it directly. I was good with it just some people still going back and forth about it.

Last edited:
randy is the president of nhrda, so i think that should have been as official as is gets

I would agree staright from Randy is official. Is DieselHarware Randy? I was not aware of that as some others were not aware of it either.

I would agree staright from Randy is official. Is DieselHarware Randy? I was not aware of that as some others were not aware of it either.

Looks to me like a MESSAGE FROM RANDY was being passed on BY DieselHardware, not DieselHardware making a statement of fact relating to a rules issue. Read below...........

From DieselHardware - The response I got from Randy a few weeks ago was:

Quote:
We are not making it mandatory this year for a couple of reason , we did not see as many problems last year as we have in the past because more competitors are using stacks and turn ups and also because we want the manufacturers to have product in place for competitors to purchase.

Ok guys you got me. I should have taken his word for it and left it at that thanks for the input.

Ok guys you got me. I should have taken his word for it and left it at that thanks for the input.

It is very appreciated that you don't take hearsay from someone you dont know as being official word from the NHRDA!

That being said, a lot of guys dont know who is who and thats what makes it tough on forums. Jim (PBFT) can vouch for just about anything to do with the NHRDA, and if he doesnt know he will find the answer!!! He is one of our most dedicated racers as far as # of events attended and travel....

Thank you for wanting a clear answer from someone you knew for sure had it....and we will see you in Texas in 5.5 days!!!:rockwoot:

Has been alot of talk about upward pointing exhaust and if it is going to be enforced for every one at all events. I have yet to see anyone from NHRDA directly adress this question. :rules:

Are all vehicles required to be equiped with upward pointing exhausts? If not what Classes are required to have it?

Thanks in advance!

I would recommend contacting us directly on question since we are on the road alot putting on events and don't always get time to review all the forums and questions

Thanks
Randy

Back