Used Flux Injector Nozzle?

06RAMCTD

A friend of mine has Flux 3's with very low miles, maybe 2000-3000 miles on the tips over the last 2 years. They were used for sled pulling, I'll say maybe 15 hooks on them. They started out as Flux 2.5's, and were opened up to the 3's. He's looking to got to 4's, and I want 3's. What are the risks involved with such a swap? Can his 3's be opened up to 4's? We are considering this to save us both time on our builds. Is it worth it?

Thanks

what risks are you talking about? I'm assuming your wanting to take his injectors and put them in your truck and give him yours to send to Don? If so I see nothing wrong with that? And yes you can always go bigger.

Problem is now, I here Don is so busy that he's not taking new orders right now.....

Just what I heard though.....

As far as what I know, I sent my stix in to be tested after my last failure and Don's wife April told me a few days ago that there were 40 sets ahead of me...

Good luck with what ever you do... But Yes, the Flux 3's can be upgraded...

Wow 40 sets screw that! Send them ti Industrail Injection got mine back in a week.

No risk other thin I would have them checked before i put them in my rig. Have the pressures tested and re-calabreated for sure!

Wow 40 sets screw that! Send them ti Industrail Injection got mine back in a week.

That was 40 sets for test I think....She did say that things were moving quite nicely though...I expect them within a week or so...

The No new orders rumor came from someone else...Not sure if true though...

what risks are you talking about? I'm assuming your wanting to take his injectors and put them in your truck and give him yours to send to Don? If so I see nothing wrong with that? And yes you can always go bigger.

That's all we are looking to do. Just wanted to know if there is anything to be aware before doing this. Would you recommended getting my injectors checked out before or after installing the tips? My truck only has 37K on it.

Any idea what a set of Flux 3's is worth?

Yes we are trying to avoid the back log. Brown's said they could get a set of 4's in I think 2 weeks.

Thanks for the feed back.

Well if hes willing to do it why not just take his whole injectors and you know they are in good shape and give him yours to send to Don or whoever. If theres any damage you pay for them and he can get the tips? Used tips I have no idea?

Its worth the money having them all checked. If you get someone to put the tips on might as well have them gone threw. Or not

That was 40 sets for test I think....She did say that things were moving quite nicely though...I expect them within a week or so...

The No new orders rumor came from someone else...Not sure if true though...

Your injectors are partially tested now.

I have them bench tested and they are perfect. I would like to pull the nozzles and check them out separately and if all ok, your good to go. They are all giving huge quantities of fuel as required. Very evenly across all 6. Tighter than even a stock Bosch injector brand new would give us.

On another note: The rumor is true. Right now we are covered up with orders and had to suspend new orders for a few weeks to get caught up. I hate this, but it is all we could do under the circumstances. Although the backlog will continue. I have a few dealers already stacking up new orders and lists of people when we give the "OK" to accept them. it never ends. LOL

Well if hes willing to do it why not just take his whole injectors and you know they are in good shape and give him yours to send to Don or whoever. If theres any damage you pay for them and he can get the tips? Used tips I have no idea?

I see...we didn't think of it that way...Thanks

I have them bench tested and they are perfect. I would like to pull the nozzles and check them out separately and if all ok, your good to go. They are all giving huge quantities of fuel as required. Very evenly across all 6. Tighter than even a stock Bosch injector brand new would give us.

On another note: The rumor is true. Right now we are covered up with orders and had to suspend new orders for a few weeks to get caught up. I hate this, but it is all we could do under the circumstances. Although the backlog will continue. I have a few dealers already stacking up new orders and lists of people when we give the "OK" to accept them. it never ends. LOL

What's a potential lead time? 5-6 weeks?

Thank you Don for the update!

Sent you PM........Oh, and I've got that other item ready to send to you too.

:Cheer:

Also, a friendly piece of advice, you may want to check the water content of the test fluid you are using, or seal the injectors up after they are complete. May solve some of the issues you are having with water damage.

What would the used tips be worth? Just wondering

They can be upgraded for less than buying new ones. Usually around 500 to upgrade VS buying new nozzles.

Just an option to think about

Back