V10 to 12v swap questions: Flex plates and throttle linkages

LCexplorer

Well I have a 2001 2nd gen that came with a V10 and 47re but it doesn't feel right so I would like to swap in my '97 12V P-pump 215hp Cummins. After researching a whole bunch here and other sites and cutting through all the BS (and no you do not need the balance weights in the tail shaft if you have a 47re, that's 47rh only), I have gathered most of the parts needed to make for a nice swap. There are two places I am getting stuck, the flexplate and the kickdown linkage/ TV cable, and I thought I would ask here so as not to get a bunch of verbal diarrhea that I usually get on other forums.

First the deatils, the 12V Cummins is 215 hp P-pump coming from a '97 donor that is a NV4500 and I am swapping into a 2001 with a 47re I have (as I am not not ambitious enough to swap in the nv4500 too). I am not wanting to crazy with the engine as I only plan on #10 plate with requisite 3k/4K GSK, AFC springs, 60 lb Valve springs and 4" exhaust. I figure that should be around 300 hp and around 750 lb ft.

To make the 47re survive as it only has about 20K miles on a complete rebuild, I bought a Garmon Billet Single disk low stall TC and Transgo shift kit along with some minor upgrades such as the 2nd gear servo and the 4.2 lever/strut/billet anchor combo. No real plans on the billet Input shaft as I am only real abuse is towing (probably around 12K lbs) but no boosted launches or stuff. Any suggestions on 47re would be welcome,but what I am stuck on is which flex plate to use?

Originally, I was thinking a new 3rd gen flex plate, but I am open to suggestions as I tore apart a 1st gen pie plate/flex plate in a stock application once upon a time and don't want to deal with that again.

Second issue, Since the 12v came form a 5 spd truck, I have no idea how kick down linkage/TV cable would be set up as I am not sure how the bracket would even look like. I can't even find a parts breakdown to give me an idea as I am sure there would be a TPS somewhere in there too. Any body have any pictures or parts break down to share?

Thanks for listening to my Ramblings as I am pretty sure I will have more...

The stock bracket should have the hole for the cable. Not sure if the nub is there for the end but it was on mine

Back