Vacuum pump with out PS pump can you run it??

turbom700

Can you run a VP with out the PS pump with out it pissing oil all over the place?

I can't see how unless I'm missing something!!!

Mike

I'm trying to run vacuum assit brakes off it, along with HVAC controls. If I switch over to hydro boost brakes then I will use the Super Duty elec. Pump.

I thought since I already have the VP for the cummins and its was a bolt and go thing. I would try that first but it appears that you cant use just the VP as there is no seal, to seal the oil in.

One thought I had was to machine a seal into the vacuum pump, I might give this a try since I already bought a VP rebuild kit and have a seal that fits on the shaft.

HMMMM

MIke

when I did that I welded up the end of the vp so that it would not leak everywhere

when I did that I welded up the end of the vp so that it would not leak everywhere

X2 got to to keep a oil line on it too. I kept mine because my fuel pump is driven from the gear.

My friend just made a flange and gasket and bolted it on where the PS pump goes. Seems to work well.

Here is a picture of just a piece of flat stock holding it together.

Attachments

• DSLP-110400-CDOD-0031297465561306583_JPG.jpg
    DSLP-110400-CDOD-0031297465561306583_JPG.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 0
Thanks guys, I ened up cutting the ears off the housing then welding a plug in. Problem solved.

Of course I thought of this after I bought a hydro-boost assy.:doh::doh:

IMG_4078_zpsd98f661a.jpg

Back