Valve Body

madmikeismad

So mad
Due to all the problems I've been having with valvebody lately, I'm thinking of just getting a new one outright.

DTT is my first choice right now, because they've been good to me through the last year, but who else makes a good vb? Who does goerend use, or does he setup his own?

Also, a major requirement is I want to be able to get WOT shift points to about 3000 rpm instead of the 2500rpm I'm stuck at now.

Darren Morrrison (pro street diesel) can build you a good valvebody. just tell him what you want and he'll get it done.

HTS Transmissions has a great one. Dusty builds and sets up them him self by hand ect. tell him what you want and he will tell you what can be done ect.

My DTT vb held 496hp on a stock auto with no issues at all. I'd go with theirs.

Have Tim Barber of TREdiesel.com build you a DTT Valve Body... Great guy who can build an AWESOME shifting VB. Tell him Lavon sent you.

Lavon

I might also go to a manual body so I don't have to worry about shift points. Opinions on that?

I might also go to a manual body so I don't have to worry about shift points. Opinions on that?

Do you have a wife, or plan to have a wife in the next few years that will need to drive your truck? If the answer is yes or maybe, I'd shy away from a full manual valvebody.

Also, do you drive that truck on icy roads often? A full manual valvebody could make winter driving more difficult. Other than that, go for it!

Do you have a wife no, or plan to have a wife in the next few years maybe that will need to drive your truck f*ck no? If the answer is yes or maybe, I'd shy away from a full manual valvebody.

Also, do you drive that truck on icy roads often i have a beater car for dd in the winter, might still use it for pulling out friends or something though.? A full manual valvebody could make winter driving more difficult. Other than that, go for it!

How are they for towing?
Who makes them?
More/Less cost than regular vb?
Does it ever get old shifting every gear from the column (like I already have to)? Does anyone make a relocation kit for the shifter, or is it fairly easy to just make one?

Last edited:

You can manually shift them if you need to. I have a DTT valve body and single converter, they hold my mods without skipping a beat. I'm guess I'm between 400-500rwhp. I wouldnt mind selling them and upgrading, so if your interested let me know and I'll cut you a deal.

Just about anyone can build you a FMVB, but typically is means lots of line pressure and most of the time harsh shifts. Towing, I wouldnt want my load jerking around with 1000ft/lbs every shift.

-Dustin-

Goerend does setup his own VB. works great for me. Also, source automotive took over dunrite...and they have a pretty unique one might look into it b4 u decide

Call em all and see which you're most comfortable with. Some folks just are not pleasant to deal with.

Small list: Garmon/DPC, DTT, Suncoast, ATS, Dunrite, HTS, Goerend, etc.

-Dustin-

Please check my last post, it didn't all work the 1st time, and once it did, you guys had already replied. I hate these slow ass govt computers.

Don't cheat yourself man! Money's too hard to come by...

Garmon's Diesel Performance VB...

Jeff Garmon 404-557-4972

Do it right the first time... :)

IMHO, they all do about the same thing to a valve body. Call them up and see who you want to give your money to. If I were the one writing the check it would be Goerend or Garmon.

If I had to do it all again, knowing what I know now it would be Goerend or Garmon. But Garmon is like $300 cheaper.

-Dustin-

has anyone had any bad experiences with dunrite? i remember hearing they had something unique...or different about them, and a few people saying they really liked them. hey mad mike, if it were me, call up your 2 desired companies and talk to them specifically about it, jot down info and do your pro's and cons. In the end, they are both killer companies! i just went Goerend all the way...tranny, converter, VB and shafts. Goerend and DTT trannies/converters are pretty similar and use alot of the same brand materials, it was just my preference i guess. Dave is a good guy to deal with, he will walk you through installing the VB over the phone! I promise ;)

Back