Valve bridge

smoken02

Do the valve bridges have to go on a certain way? One hole is wider than the other and it has a dimple on the top side of it. This is on my 24v vp. Im putting the valve train back together and setting the valve lash. Also what the best way to make sure #6 is at TDC? I have searched and found most of the other info I needed on here.

I have allways had the dot on the intakes, and turn it around for the exhaust. Never had a problem, and i have done alot of them.

#6 is at TDC when #1 is on overlap.....ex closing, in opening

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

The TDC arrow on the pump gear will be pointed straight down for #6 and straight up for #1....

Ok thanks guys. Got it running again. Its been a long five months with no truck. It was music to my ears.

Ok thanks guys. Got it running again. Its been a long five months with no truck. It was music to my ears.

So which way did you face the crossheads? When I tore mine down it seemed like they were just random but who knows what the last guy did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So which way did you face the crossheads? When I tore mine down it seemed like they were just random but who knows what the last guy did.

i want to think the factory mannual says the tit was suppose to face the exhaust side but i have see factory motors in all directions

The dimple faces out on the intake and in toward the rocker for the exhaust.

I've never seen a 24V with all the crossheads oriented the same - someone forgot to tell the assembly line what the manual says.

there is nothing about it on qsol. every 24v i have seen, dosnt seem to be orientated.

i have always put the dot clostest to the exhaust.

Back