Valve cover breather

huck25

Is there any reason why a guy couldn't just use 2 k/n breather filters instead of the stock black box? Mine leaks and they a rip off from the dealer.

The filters will get oil soaked and drip on everything but go for it.

Is there any reason why a guy couldn't just use 2 k/n breather filters instead of the stock black box? Mine leaks and they a rip off from the dealer.

May leak on a CR but mine don't leak all over

Picked them up from a parts store for less than twenty a piece

DSC_0018-1.jpg
[/IMG]

That's exactly what I was looking for. That looks way better. Looks like I'll just try it and see what happens. Can't be any worse then it already is.

Not sure what you were quoted at the dealer for the stock one, but Call Jeff (Snedge here on CompD) at Mumau Diesel... He sold me one a very reasonable price!! The ONLY place to go for Cummins parts!

He is awesome to deal with...Call him. 724-354-3994

I believe it was under $50.

Run tubes to a vented catch can. Some do that and have a manual valve on the bottom routed to the crank case.

I've always wondered why you couldnt just put a check valve at the bottom of the catch can so when you shut down it drains to the crank case??? Never seen it done...

My catch can just drains straight back to the factory block drain. Vapors out the top through a hose to the frame. Very simple.

Is the marine cover the only true valve cover or are there others. (Not just a cover for the cover.)

That's exactly what I was looking for. That looks way better. Looks like I'll just try it and see what happens. Can't be any worse then it already is.
:poke:
the 12valves and 24valves have another crank case breather on the lifter cover and some on the front cover
CR's do not and yes it will blow oil everywhere if u do already tried it

Looks like I'm keeping the ugly box for now. Definitely saving up for the fancy billet thing.

call up snedge and get a marine cover and take the hoses out the back.

I took factory black filter box off mine, welded in 3/8 aluminum plate on hole drilled and tapped with fitting in put blue rubber hose on it and put a T fitting in it to the block hose in vented it to atmosphere. I also cut all the tabs off for cheap plastic cover to bolt to. Put it in the glass cabinet to clean it up.

Back