valve cover clearence

obd

hey guys i just finished puttin in my new 12mm head studs and the valve cover is not sitting all the way down. I saw that the front two studs were hitting so i trimmed the cover, but it's still not going all the way down. is there other places it could be hitting? Also I put all 6 long studes on the outside of the cover so they would not be an issue.......help

hey guys i just finished puttin in my new 12mm head studs and the valve cover is not sitting all the way down. I saw that the front two studs were hitting so i trimmed the cover, but it's still not going all the way down. is there other places it could be hitting? Also I put all 6 long studes on the outside of the cover so they would not be an issue.......help

Did you bottom tap the holes?

yup, my buddy told me that was the only way to do it right. took a while.

I have valve cover that are 1/4" taller if interested PM me. They are made out of billet aluminum.

Dumb question, but did you put the valve cover gasket back on? It won't sit all the way down with it not on.

hahaha yeah its on. i was just wondering if anyone else had this issue and there was a spot that hit all the time before i spend a day searching for the spot its hittin.

yeah i did the same thing, it still seams to hit on something. I even tried slidding the cover back and forth to see if i could find a shinny spot were it was hitting.grrrrrrr,

There's a spot that you have to clearance on the back of the valvecover.

yea Its common if you don't tap the holes, but its hard to tap the holes without taking the head off. The back of the valve cover hits the top of the stud back there, just grind it back a bit and your cover should seal up again.

Back