Valvebody and TC combination question

TrailTamer

I think my truck's valve body is having problems (take off in 3rd or will start in 3rd then abruptly downshifts to 1st).

My truck currently have billet single disk torque converter. I have a goerend valve body sitting at my home. It originally set up to go with their billet triple disk torque converter.

So, will I be ok if I just put my goerend valve body as is in my truck with the single disk tc?

As much as I've searched and can't find anything with valve body and tc combinations.

You need to call goerends and find out what line pressure is ate up for. I just Snapped my strut on 2nd gear servo. My tranny builder DID not put in a billet HD ONE! I was lucky one other damage!

My 47re already have HD 2nd gear stuff and single disk billet tc

I thoroughly checked/tested the wiring and connectors between the PCM, DTT voltage regulator and the connector at the tranny and found no problem. I pulled my valve body and had a look at it and it checked out fine. I adjusted the throttle valve stop screw (1.5 turns in from factory setting, I already have a TransGo Jr shift kit installed with cranked line pressure). For good measure, I gambled and threw a gov transducer at it. My truck shifts perfectly now. Idk what exactly was wrong but it had several codes (I didn't check/erase the codes for maybe 2 years), but P0748 came back almost immediately after I erased the PCM. I used my alldatadiy and it instructed me to check the circuits but it all looks fine. According to alldatadiy, that trouble code have nothing to do with the gov transducer but maybe it really is since it's fixed now and never shifted that well since I rebuilt the trans. By the way I have the GM gov solenoid already installed.

Although, I'll like to know if it's OK to "mix & match" valve bodies and torque converters, especially single vs triple disks.

Back