VGT solenoid

redracer62

i just changed the stock vgt turbo to a non vgt turbo on my 06, an im running innovatives tunes and the CEL is on, eric told me there is no way he can tune it so it doesnt come on cause sct hasnt sent the stuff to him, for everyone else thats not runnuing a vgt turbo, whatare you doing to make the light stay off. or does it just stay on and i deal with it. i have the solenoid plugged in but the light still stays on. is there a resistor or anything i can put in the plug?

I have an '03 with a non vgt turbo, and I don't have a CEL light. Eric does my tuning for me as well.
I built a bracket for the VGT solenoid, which is what you prolly have to do. I didn't have to install it cuz I didn't get the light.
It basically keeps the solenoid plugged in...without the turbo having to be there.
If you look on Black Widow Diesel's site, under turbos, install, it has a picture of the bracket there.

My vgt plug was empty, no solenoid at all and i never saw a cel on the dash. That was w/ the stock tune and w/ the sct loaded.

ok ill look at their site. Eric told me some truck throw the CEL an some dont.

anyone know if the CEL being on cause the vgt solenoid will cause any loss in performance

depends on the code...ive had CEL w/no performance issues but some will...i know a guy on gogo cant remember the name off hand put a BB turbo on his truck and had a CEL and said only thing it did was bug him seeing the light...

any vids ?

no not yet, i need to get my intercooler installed an the fuel system finished and then i can get a good video of it.

i just reprogrammed my truck with the sct an the light has not come back on, hopefully it stays like that.

Back