vibration

kc04

Welding my life away!!!
Ok guys just got and 08 mega cab 4x4 for weekend warrior. Ive got a pretty good vibration a 75-80 and around 85 or so it lines out and gets smooth again. Trucks bone stock with 305 bfgs on it. Im thinkin wheel bearing but what have yall seen or experienced! I rotated tires and had them balenced didnt fix it. When truck was off the ground with i grabbed the wheel and not much slackin the tirelike wheel bearing was shot. When i back up and turn almost full tilt to the right itsounds like somethins gettin in a bind. If i straighten the wheel and pull forward then back up it stops! Sorry for the long post just trying to explain as best as possible!! Thanks guys.

Your going to need to remove the drive shaft to check it good. They may feel tight in the truck but what you will find is when you rotate the joint side to side and up and down you will feel a catch or a hard spot. Most of the time its the rear joint that is causing the problem. Also don't forget to check the carrier bearing.

Thanks im gonna tear it down in the morning and see what i can find.

Are those BFG's D load rated? I had 315 bfg at ko's that vibrated horribly no matter what I did to them... back to street tires for me

If it's the rear u joint get a torch and heat the he'll out of it before you start trying to press stuff apart, there filled with plastic, it's a stinky mess but that was the best way I found out to do mine, jfyi

Checked u-joints today and nothing. I even jacked it up put it in gear an d let it spin and nothing. I checked wheel bearings they seemed good too. I just ordered some monsters and 295 trail grapplers. They will be on by thursday. Ill see what that does

Back